Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willd

Guru
1699368283271.png

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done!

It does look vaguely familiar...!

It does look like several places that I cycle round so it may be another case of me overlooking the obvious.
Aaargh - yes - I have cycled up there several times in the past when riding around Beacon Fell!

I checked 3 more obvious bridges on the River Loud but didn't notice that one on the OS map. It is shown as a mere trickle there.

robjh

Legendary Member
Sun Rising Hill

After a fruitless look around Rugby, I was gonna ask for a clue but had another look at some wooded areas within riding distance of Rugby which were windy enough to warrant the double white line, and found it within minutes :becool:

Damn, struggled up that hill several times but I still didn't recognise it from the picture. I was looking further west in the Cotswolds.

Willd

Guru
Sun Rising Hill

After a fruitless look around Rugby, I was gonna ask for a clue but had another look at some wooded areas within riding distance of Rugby which were windy enough to warrant the double white line, and found it within minutes :becool:
Yes, I thought it wouldn't last too long, it seems to feature on most charity rides / Audax in the Midlands / Northern Cotswolds :okay:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
another loud bridge, and certainly not the nicest road I've cycled

- name this road.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done @ColinJ. Did the 'tickled' clue help, or did that go over everyone's heads?
It certainly went over my head (and still does!).

I just looked for a big A-road under a motorway next to a river in that general area. There aren't many candidates!

I will post my next one this afternoon once back on my laptop. You can start making a shortlist now though - it is up a hill in England... :laugh:

PS Why on Earth did you ride along that monstrosity!? :eek:

Top Bottom