Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No, I've not been there, but I did recently climb most of the hills labelled as 33% in the North York Moors and deduced that this must be the one from Grosmont whcih I couldn't fit nto a conveinent loop ! The 33% is a major giveaway since very few places have any of those, whereas the NYM must have bought a lorry full of them a few years back and put them anywhere which is 'pretty steep'.

I have, however, been up this next road.

Name that road
Screenshot 2023-11-14 102931.png

GuyBoden

Guru
No, I've not been there, but I did recently climb most of the hills labelled as 33% in the North York Moors and deduced that this must be the one from Grosmont whcih I couldn't fit nto a conveinent loop ! The 33% is a major giveaway since very few places have any of those, whereas the NYM must have bought a lorry full of them a few years back and put them anywhere which is 'pretty steep'.

I have, however, been up this next road.

Name that road
View attachment 713457

Fryup dale.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/F...886377!10e5!16zL20vMDc1ODZo!5m1!1e4?entry=ttu

Fryup Dale.png

Little Fryup Dale

T4tomo

Legendary Member
wow just had two roads from my youth stamping ground. Fryup's New Way is a nice climb as, unlike Glaisdale's Common Lane / Caper Hill and Rosedale's Chimney Bank, it doesn't just go straight up the steepest part of the valley side/ end!

@Sea of vapours I hope you called in at the Cycle hub cafe for refreshments, I was there 2 weeks ago as I was back up visiting family

@Sea of vapours I hope you called in at the Cycle hub cafe for refreshments, I was there 2 weeks ago as I was back up visiting family

I didn't I'm afraid. I saw it but I was on a big loop taking in Scarborough, Whitby and then across the middle of the moors and didn't have time for stopping. New Way was certainly a very nice road, I thoiught. I did do Caper Hill and Chimney Bank though, and they are certainly .... rather direct !

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
And a curved ball one from last Friday (there plenty of clues in there):

View attachment 713498
Sorry...
  1. Only one road at a time, chosen by the person who identified the previous one. Mike was a special case because Guy donated his turn.
  2. UK roads only - for obvious reasons... (It is hard enough trying to track down roads here without having to locate a random road anywhere in the world!) If/when it is your turn, you could pick somewhere in the UK that you have enjoyed riding, or would like to come over to ride.

Top Bottom