Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hills in Herts? I recall some around Royston part of the world

The average climbing figure for rides is 26 feet per mile. You can get the figure up to 41 feet per mile but you have to pick your route to do that. Steepest hills around 25%. It’s not flat, but it’s not hilly, rolling is how I’d describe it.

and in my part of Herts its about 50-60 ft per mile, thank you north east end of the Chilterns.

It looks in striking distance of emilys tea rooms

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
and in my part of Herts its about 50-60 ft per mile, thank you north east end of the Chilterns.

It looks in striking distance of emilys tea rooms

Doh, brain fart I meant the numbers you’ve put above, was converting metres (which I usually work in due to doing so much audax) to feet with the kilometres to miles conversion factor. Back to school for me.

You are getting hot 🥵 with your striking distance

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Doh, brain fart I meant the numbers you’ve put above, was converting metres (which I usually work in due to doing so much audax) to feet with the kilometres to miles conversion factor. Back to school for me.

You are getting hot 🥵 with your striking distance

hot but no cigar, found plenty of hedges and dips but nothing looks right, maybe streetview (some of which is from 2009 etc ) looks a bit different now.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
hot but no cigar, found plenty of hedges and dips but nothing looks right, maybe streetview (some of which is from 2009 etc ) looks a bit different now.

Streetview is from last year and distinctive tree has leaves on it. I have already given two more clues to help hone down the search. Can you afford to ignore them?

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
Here it is - Kimpton Road. Streetview is from 2021.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.8...4!1s85faN4diKXoTHCVKmOxInA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Kimpton.png

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
a road called Lilley Bottom

It’s Codicote Bottom. Lilley bottom is different valley and further north.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Yes, @robjh there's a road called Lilley Bottom which looks as though it must be it and is very hard to move on from. It took a while.

Apologies to @Ming the Merciless, but I think I'd better break protocol and post the next now. This is from 1957, and features my parents' pre-family transport:

View attachment 680440

Fantastic pic and surely recognisable to someone.

Looks Cornish to me, so probably Aberdeenshire.

Top Bottom