Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Sorry all. Please name the road on which I am standing. I'm a bit fingers and thumbs with pinching a scene from Google Maps but I'll try my best.
Or we could have a new thread of name the river/canal

Venod

Eh up
Sticking with the bridge theme, name that road.

ntra.png

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The arrow clue is the River Arrow. Not sure where the cauldron comes in.

I think the image is perfectly valid. The road running alongside is out of view but no witchcraft is needed to find it's name.

broome not cauldron

Aravis

Putrid Donut
After traversing every navigable river in the UK multiple times and viewing every possible bridge (and plenty of impossible ones), finally:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...4!1snQapa2A3CWKJBFl2X3c2Tg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Elvington.png

Sutton Bridge over the river Derwent, near Elvington in North Yorkshire. I've ridden over this bridge but at the time didn't register that the river is canalboatable.

I enjoyed the search though. Lots of new places on my "list". :smile:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I’ve always thought images should come from photos you’ve taken out riding rather than grab anything from Streetview. But not created by me and not my rules 😁
That was my original idea, but...

... only a handful of us actually take photos on rides. I know I don't very often. It means stopping.
I realised that is true so I changed the 'rules'.

The rules now are that you should have ridden there (as opposed to wanting to ride there one day); the road must be in the UK (to stop things getting silly - dirt road into the Amazon, anybody? :whistle:); and we should be able to check our ideas/search on Street View.

Still, using your own photo is always a plus.

Oh, and ideally the road should be somewhere that other people would actually want to ride... I have seen many lovely roads in this thread and will try to ride some of them. As opposed to one memorable example - Coventry Ring Road... I lived in Coventry for over 20 years and never once felt like cycling on that! :laugh:

Venod

Eh up
After traversing every navigable river in the UK multiple times and viewing every possible bridge (and plenty of impossible ones), finally:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.9...4!1snQapa2A3CWKJBFl2X3c2Tg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

View attachment 679404

Sutton Bridge over the river Derwent, near Elvington in North Yorkshire. I've ridden over this bridge but at the time didn't register that the river is canalboatable.

I enjoyed the search though. Lots of new places on my "list". :smile:
Well done @Aravis of course its correct, the village over the bridge is Elvington it has an interesting Chinese connection, I usually ride this route the other way ie coming towards the camera, on route to Allerthorpe cafe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvington,_North_Yorkshire

Last edited:
Top Bottom