Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

robjh

Legendary Member
Looks coastal to me. :rolleyes:

Quite distinctive though, with the (probably A or B) road curling behind that outcrop and a wide bay beyond. I've been scouring the SW coastline but no luck so far.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I THINK that I have found it...

Obviously, that was a very old photo but it looks awfully like Watergate Bay, just North of Newquay, so the road would be the B3276? :whistle:

Watergate Bay.jpg

Last edited:

Aravis

Putrid Donut
No need to be hesitant @ColinJ, that is exactly right.

Not much of a story to tell here. I've been there but I don't think I've cycled this actual road 😲. But I've ridden through the other New Quay in West Wales a few times and I've heard some very amusing stories of people who've mixed the two up.

Over to you... :music:

Venod

Eh up
I've heard some very amusing stories of people who've mixed the two up.

I was stopped at a railway crossing down a very narrow road at a place called Haywood, Doncaster way, I got talking to a local farmer who told me the tale of a foreign Artic driver who got stuck there, he had set his satnav and thought he was going to Heywood Manchester.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Only clues I can spot in Colin's pic are - it's England and it looked like that in March last year :scratch:
I was going to tell you that it is in England as my first clue, forgetting that I had left that in!

Ok, look in the distance straight ahead, and off towards the north east...

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Noticed the town/city to the north and figured it could be Blackburn, Accy, Huddersfield maybe, or Burnley or Bacup, etc... and scoured the high altitude lanes south of those places. The hard part is finding a lane with no name that's going in the right direction (NNEish) but every time i think i've found a contender, I zoom in and a named lane appears. I guess it's over 100m since the view looks down on some good hills.... but still haven't found it

Last edited:
Top Bottom