Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Guru
First thought: River Teme (Teem?). Upstream from Ludlow as it's quite small. Couldn't find any appropriate road junctions/bridges tho.

Not sure it is hilly enough for the Teme upstream of ludlow.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
@twentysix by twentyfive is correct. The collapse occurred on May 24th 2016, one month to the day after I'd ridden past the spot.

Google has three sets of images, showing the old bridge, the construction of the new, and the completed new bridge.

Over to @twentysix by twentyfive :smile:

driven past that! Went to the Oldfield cider farm just up the road on the way to Ludlow! Although it was in new bridge times, not old bridge as pictured, so not going to beat myself up about that.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Hopefully a bit more difficult than my last attempt. I am standing at the side of a road to take this pic but it's not included in the pic

wYHAMOx5PQmIbB8GPbwwy82ckquhnBOm3CpRYt1M-2048x1536.jpg

Venod

Eh up
I think it is the old Eastham Bridge across the Teme east of Tenbury Wells. The old bridge got washed away 3 or more years ago and was replaced by the rather less attractive modern thing.

Hopefully a bit more difficult than my last attempt. I am standing at the side of a road to take this pic but it's not included in the pic

Although correct, there is no name for the road in your answer for the road over Eastham Bridge, and what road do we have to name in your latest pic, the one going over the bridge or the one not pictured but are stood at the side of ?

I have asked this before, not long ago, is it still Name That Road or is it now name that scene, bridge etc ?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Or else I easily get distracted.
I was watching a 10 minute video on ADHD t'other night. There were scores of comments about it, saying things like "It's a good video but I only got 3 minutes 10 seconds into the video before starting to read the comments". I was muttering to myself that those people should learn to concentrate, but then realised that I had only lasted 1 minute 15 seconds! :whistle:

Sorry, what were we doing... Name That Road/Name That Scene? It's a valid question! If we are allowed to show a scene but not the road that it was taken from, how far away can we be looking? A view of a distant mountain range? Looking up at the moon? :laugh:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I was watching a 10 minute video on ADHD t'other night. There were scores of comments about it, saying things like "It's a good video but I only got 3 minutes 10 seconds into the video before starting to read the comments". I was muttering to myself that those people should learn to concentrate, but then realised that I had only lasted 1 minute 15 seconds! :whistle:

Sorry, what were we doing... Name That Road/Name That Scene? It's a valid question! If we are allowed to show a scene but not the road that it was taken from, how far away can we be looking? A view of a distant mountain range? Looking up at the moon? :laugh:

perhaps @twentysix by twentyfive could post a streetview clip with a hint on tarmac in it to keep the restless natives quiet.

its awfully well manicured for a regular riverbank, so is suspect part of an estate / formal garden but with a public road (or 2 as looks like a chap on a bike on the bridge) through it.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Although correct, there is no name for the road in your answer for the road over Eastham Bridge, and what road do we have to name in your latest pic, the one going over the bridge or the one not pictured but are stood at the side of ?

I have asked this before, not long ago, is it still Name That Road or is it now name that scene, bridge etc ?

It's the A443 at the junction of the lane (which might be called Orleton Lane (or maybe Rhyse Lane), not clear on Google, which runs past St Peter and St Paul, Eastham (Church) and on shortly down to cross the bridge.

Hope that helps. Apologies but in my enthusiasm of recognition I got carried away.

Top Bottom