Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just noticed the bit about a railway axed by Beeching. That means that the whole of the island of Ireland is out. I don't think even Beeching managed to axe any lines in another country.

Alex321

Guru
These signs are in English only, so that rules out the small pockets of red-squirreldom in Wales.
View attachment 677550
My money is on Cumbria somewhere.

There is also the Isle of Wight, and Beeching did cut some lines there.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think we got too many clues, too soon on this one! :okay:

Lostrigg Terrace, Bridgefoot.

Lostrigg Terrace.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I'm quite sure we've had Northern Ireland.
D'oh!!!

Aha! I think that is our first road in Northern Ireland?

I don't have OS maps for NI so that would explain why my OS map search wasn't helping!

up in the air = Up in (above?) Eire?
:laugh:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Good day out @ColinJ? :laugh:
Ha ha!

Actually, it was, thanks... We had lunch at Exeter Quayside and I spotted a bike recycling charity shop. We donated an old Muddy Fox MTB which needed some TLC (a.k.a. 'replacing' ;)) and bought my niece a reconditioned Specialized hybrid bike to use between Exmouth and Exeter on the cycle route. She doesn't know it yet, but she will also be joining me for rides on some more serious cycling terrain once she has got some fitness and confidence on the bike - muhaha! The bike is a bit heavy but it will be good for shopping trips and potentially commuting. It already has mudguards fitted. I will buy her a rack and fit that for her.

Ok, my next road is shown below...

Another steep lane.jpg

Some of my challenge roads have been very hard to find, but this should be much easier to track down - I think that you will be Happy with my choice! :okay:

Top Bottom