Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slow scot

Veteran
I think the post in the grass between the two lots of cyclists might provide a major clue, if not the answer. There is something at the top which could be significant, but I don’t know what it is.
Not being much help here, am I?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Is the blue sign for a car park?

the blue object is a wheelie bin!

1675699609517.png

Better to work out what is missing, rather than what you can see

Mr Celine

Discordian
I presume what's missing is this...

IMG_20170528_155248.jpg

...as it has been completely dismantled for restoration, though due to reopen later this year.

The bottom of the lane with the blue bin -

IMG_20170528_155308.jpg

If you go back to the June 2016 google streetview the bridge is there!

Last edited:

swansonj

Guru
So, not so much Name That Road, as Name That Random Unspecified Feature That Isn't There Anyway?😀

swansonj

Guru

View attachment 677084
...as it has been completely dismantled for restoration, though due to reopen later this year.

View attachment 677085

Isn't there a honey museum or some such just up that embankment? Stirring memories of visiting it several years ago...

T4tomo

Legendary Member

View attachment 677084

View attachment 677085

Absolutely. And yes there is the chainbridge honey farm, just to the right of the original pic I posted. There are 3 streetview images, the one posted in 2021, mid repair with no bridge, an earlier one with the bridge and and even earlier one with no honey farm!

1675757410945.png

I'm due that way in May on a Newcastle to Edinburgh jaunt, pretty sure it will be back open by then.

Last edited:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Absolutely. And yes there is the chainbridge honey farm, just to the right of the original pic I posted. There are 3 streetview images, the one posted in 2021, mid repair with no bridge, an earlier one with the bridge and and even earlier one with no honey farm!
I'm due that way in May on a Newcastle to Edinburgh jaunt, pretty sure it will be back open by then.
Supposed to open 'as early as possible in 2023'.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-64042645

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is the kind of road that I like...

No idea where it is, mind you! I'd guess up near the border with Scotland somewhere.

I reckon that someone will know it so I won't start looking yet because they will beat me to it anyway.

Top Bottom