Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
And probably at 15:47 on that day :smile:

absolutely... with your help on the precise time, i reckon it's right about here. Can't see an actual name for the road though @Mr Celine.
skinny tweed.jpg

Last edited:

MontyVeda

Drat, drat and double drat. Obviously forgot to rename my photo.

60 miles upstream from the last NTR. For fans of invisible iron age forts there's one behind and to the left.

Don't worry... the date was no help. Reverse image search led me here, which was also no help until i got 'skinny tweed' from the image name, which after filtering through several dozen pairs of trousers turns out to be a race or route or something? Anyway, that lead to the area around Peebles and the Tweed valley looking for that distinctive area of woodland :smile:

Mr Celine

Discordian
Don't worry... the date was no help. Reverse image search led me here, which was also no help until i got 'skinny tweed' from the image name, which after filtering through several dozen pairs of trousers turns out to be a race or route or something? Anyway, that lead to the area around Peebles and the Tweed valley looking for that distinctive area of woodland :smile:

I thought I had a stalker! That photo was taken on a ride home from Quothquhan, where I'd gone as part of the ABC villages challenge, so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd left a trace on that thread or on 'your ride today'.

MontyVeda

Plenty of clues in this one...
View attachment 677161

So... the road is running west-east across the photo, there's a ford just to the north yet it doesn't appear to be clearly marked on Bing's OS map. The white building on the right is a public house, also not marked as such on Bing's OS map. A railway used to run through the village until Beeching axed it, but one thing you might see is red squirrels, but they won't be marked on a map either :blush:

robjh

Legendary Member
So... the road is running west-east across the photo, there's a ford just to the north yet it doesn't appear to be clearly marked on Bing's OS map. The white building on the right is a public house, also not marked as such on Bing's OS map. A railway used to run through the village until Beeching axed it, but one thing you might see is red squirrels, but they won't be marked on a map either :blush:
Red squirrel distribution in 2010, so it should be in one of the red or orange areas.
I haven't got further than that.
IMG_20230210_075358.jpg

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
it'll be in or around one of the red areas... and i've not cycled in Scotland or Northern Ireland :okay:
So the map looks roughly like this now. I've also put an X on (or near ... hopefully) Lancaster (the little city) which is often helpful for @MontyVeda NTRs
1676051655690.png

I'll probably get death threats now from people whose villages I've mistakenly put on the wrong side of my hastily drawn borders. Hey - it's an Imperialist habit, I can't help it.

Top Bottom