Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Lon Goch, Angelsey...

lon goch.jpg

MontyVeda

Well done Colin.
Ingleborough on the horizon was a bit of a give away. I love that part of the ride to Kirkby... on a clear day you're greeted with a proper panoramic view :okay:

Over to you.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done Colin.
Ingleborough on the horizon was a bit of a give away. I love that part of the ride to Kirkby... on a clear day you're greeted with a proper panoramic view :okay:

Over to you.

Yes, that was the clue that did it for me. I cycled that road in the opposite direction about 20 years ago and it looks worth going up there again. I also liked the stretch from Kirkby Lonsdale to Kendal which I checked while I was looking at the area.

My next road is one that I could have sworn that I have done before but a search of this thread has failed to find it, so here it is!

Name That Road #42.jpg

With the clues in the picture I don't think it will take long, but we will see...

Name That Road!

nomisp

Veteran
Car park that takes you to the Singing Ringing tree sculpture on the moors above Burnley , Crown Point Road . Nice place to be as every direction you go is a long way down . Have no photos at moment so i will leave to someone else to carry on with next clue

Last edited:

MontyVeda

Car park that takes you to the Singing Ringing tree sculpture on the moors above Burnley , Crown Point Road . Nice place to be as every direction you go is a long way down . Have no photos at moment so i will leave to someone else to carry on with next clue

we mostly tend to take screen shots from Google street view ;)

Well found by the way :okay:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done!

Yes, it is a good place to visit. I must ride up there again soon. It is a few years since I last cycled there.

Located HERE. Details of sculpture HERE.

Your turn!

PS As suggested above - take a screenshot from Streetview if you haven't got your own photo. Just remember to blot out anything which identifies the road.

Last edited:
Top Bottom