Game: Name that road!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
Wow! No wonder it looked familiar. I drove down that road ten days ago. Weird. Not the largest or busiest A road in the UK, that.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@60.3...tyssySmg3D6NYeuhj8Iw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en
View attachment 664402

Well done! If you look carefully in my sunset picture you can just make out our motorhome by the shore. I was on the bike when I took this, at about 10.30pm.

Not a Scottish island:
Capture.JPG

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
... I was there yesterday ...

Gaarrghhhh...... ! I cycled by the end of that about a week ago ...

... I'd cycled along there about five hours before seeing the photo :rolleyes:

Ahhhh...... Well I've only been down there, in that direction, twice this year so far (one of which was just eight days ago). ...

Gaarrgghhh - i have just driven past that an hour ago before seeing this !

"Oh no; not again". I cycled along there about a week ago. And when I say a week, I mean last Tuesday afternoon, though in the 'wrong' direction. ...

plus today's Shetland find.... £7 :rolleyes:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I thought this would be relatively easy, but perhaps not.

Not only is it not a Scottish island, but it's not Scotland at all. England in fact, and not the West Country. That narrows it down a fair bit.
Oh, I forgot about this one. I will take a look later if nobody beats me to it.

I will look in some obvious places. I may have to disqualify myself though if it turns out to be one of them... :whistle:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I thought this would be relatively easy, but perhaps not.

Not only is it not a Scottish island, but it's not Scotland at all. England in fact, and not the West Country. That narrows it down a fair bit.

having exhausted my search of the Dales and Bowland... I'm finding the North Yorks Moors look a little more like the area, but there's an awful lot of them :shy:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Oh, I forgot about this one. I will take a look later if nobody beats me to it.

And then I forgot that too! :laugh:

Interesting selection of plausible search areas there. I noted Northumberland, South Lakes, Yorkshire Dales, Forest of Bowland and the North York Moors. It certainly does look as if it could be in any of those. It is, however, not. I'm pretty sure I mentioned Scotland under 'not' earlier too.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Still distracted, everyone ?!

Somewhere between Manchester and Sheffield.

Sorry - in my case, yes! :whistle:

Currently, listening to THIS on headphones and testing my puzzle game. My laptop has a broken left speaker so I hadn't noticed that my game sounds only come out of the right channel. (It's the first time that I have played the games on headphones.)

Anyway... I just went back and looked where I was going to look and found it. BUT I was working with insider knowledge, so I will do the honourable thing and pass this time! :okay:

Top Bottom