FNRttC 4th September to Whitstable 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Aperitif said:
Maybe just remove the 'G' given your present 'ass'ignation...;)

Now the Aged P wants to know why I'm LOL!

BigSteev

StuAff said:
Bognor...'flattish'? Not very flattish in my book, far too many climbs to call it that.

;) Where were these 'climbs'? I don't recall ever having done such a downhill route. There was that 17% bit but that only lasted about 100yds.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
theclaud said:
;)

Hello Greg. Trust you had a good holiday? I thought you were going to get Admin to amputate the Grumpy bit?

Splendid Holiday. Cornwall was an unexpected delight, a feast for the senses, the journey there a dream (thanks to both SW Trains and Mick F of the CTC forum), the accommodation adorable, the drive to Wales with the Lovely Helen was fun as we got lost twice and laughed instead of arguing, the few days there a revelation, the bike ride home (Pt I) from Llanidloes to Littleton-on-Severn a dream and the bike ride home Pt II Littleton - Reading memorable for woeful planning, poor prepartion (who'd have thought some of those numbers I wrote down were miles not kilometres), a lack of maps damn you Amazon, getting lost in Brizzle, the hoodies I met there who boosted my faith in human nature, stunning views, an unforced canalside off, wonderful rural industrial archaeology on the Kennet and Avon and a near death experience involving a geriatric driver the total of which led its abandonment at Pewsey some way short of the intended destination. TMI!

and I've applied this afternoon for an amputation; thank you for reminding me

Marco

Howdy all,

I am new to this site but have heard about these events in the past. A colleague of mine from work also completed the last Bognor ride some of you were on and said he had a great time.

Is there a process for a newbie like myself to potentially join please? And more importantly, are there any spots still available? I also have another friend that may be interested.

;)

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Simon - you appear to have Andrea listed twice. Ruth is still pondering the logistics, so could you keep the question mark over her for a moment? I am pressing her for a decision...

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Friday Night Rides should not be a ruthless exercise...

Oh how I do laugh!

Yes yes theclaud, more young ladies the merryier! I may even go up hills quicker to show of how young fit and strong I am! Macho man! hehehe!

And that will then dispurse the lie that I cant climb hills! hehehe! :biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Davywalnuts said:
Oh how I do laugh!

Yes yes theclaud, more young ladies the merryier! I may even go up hills quicker to show of how young fit and strong I am! Macho man! hehehe!

And that will then dispurse the lie that I cant climb hills! hehehe! :biggrin:

I brought a whole bevy of lovelies on the last two - they were eager to meet the legendary Davywalnuts. But he didn't show, and now they don't believe he exists. They told me they won't bother coming again.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
theclaud said:
I brought a whole bevy of lovelies on the last two - they were eager to meet the legendary Davywalnuts. But he didn't show, and now they don't believe he exists. They told me they won't bother coming again.

Oh well, Ill be the stuff of their dreams then... I dont mind.. :biggrin:

mike e

I travelled all the way from Hull on Saturday for Topcat1's Southend ride so I come meet properly the now almost legendary Davywalnuts. Not to meet in the same context as the ladies on the forum you understand;)

Apparently some sort of a cramp had occured and he missed the ride.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
mike e said:
I travelled all the way from Hull on Saturday for Topcat1's Southend ride so I come meet properly the now almost legendary Davywalnuts. Not to meet in the same context as the ladies on the forum you understand;)

Apparently some sort of a cramp had occured and he missed the ride.

I am soo sorry buddy!

Alas, yes, I was almost dead.. Auntie H had a voodoo doll hit on my legs and it obstained me from moving them all day, funnily enough! :biggrin:

Top Bottom