Fish n chips. Do you have any type of sauce on them??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If it's takeaway, just salt and vinegar for me, please.

If it's a proper sit down meal, then salt, vinegar and tartare sauce. And ideally, no peas but some baked beans..... Sorry if that makes me some sort of heathen!

Baked beans just doesn't go with fish imo.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My local chippie is under new management and is morphing into yet another pizza delivery place, so I tried another one, a bit further away but well recommended.

They offered mushy peas and curry sauce so I ordered both. The fish and chips were excellent but the sauces were a bit disappointing. The curry sauce was thick and more like a dip than a sauce, the mushy peas turned out to be squished garden peas, not marrowfat peas. And they didn't sell ginger beer with which I like to wash down my fish and chips.

Anyway, in answer to the question I normally put Tabasco sauce on my fish & chips.

DRM

Guru
Sausage, chips and beans; Pie, chips and beans; Burger, chips and beans; Saveloy, chips and beans; Chicken, chips and beans.
Virtually anything from the Chppy with Beans.

BUT NOT FISH!
EVER!

But you are from Leeds, so allowances have to be made!

It’s actually a criminal offence to have baked beans on fish in the whole of West Yorkshire, never mind Leeds, mushy peas or curry sauce, all good, baked beans, 3-6 months at His Majesty’s Pleasure. :okay:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My local chippie is under new management and is morphing into yet another pizza delivery place, so I tried another one, a bit further away but well recommended.

They offered mushy peas and curry sauce so I ordered both. The fish and chips were excellent but the sauces were a bit disappointing. The curry sauce was thick and more like a dip than a sauce, the mushy peas turned out to be squished garden peas, not marrowfat peas. And they didn't sell ginger beer with which I like to wash down my fish and chips.

Anyway, in answer to the question I normally put Tabasco sauce on my fish & chips.

My local chippy sells dandelion & burdock!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I recently discovered that Root Beer in Canada is almost the same as Dandelion and Burdock.... and that either with a nice robust dark rum is pretty damn nice.

see also "Sarsi" in south east Asia and surrounds...

gbb

Squire
Rarely ever really enjoy fish and chips anymore. I'm not sure if it's the oil they use nowadays but it just doesn't do it for me anymore..unless we have haddock.

But, eating on the fly..probably curry sauce , tomato at a push
Eating at home or in a restaurant, tartar sauce without question.

Alex321

Guru
If it is available I might have tartare sauce on the fish.

And I might occasionally have mayo on the chips.

But almost all the time it will just be salt & Vinegar.

Top Bottom