Fish n chips. Do you have any type of sauce on them??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
[
I don't know anybody who calls it Ketchup, maybe its a Yorkshire or Northern thing.

You do now 👍

***Pictured straight from my fridge. *At 86p a pop we do hide it at the back……😉

IMG_5988.jpeg

Salt and mayonnaise. Tartare sauce (tarragon, minced onion, capers) and a lemon wedge on the side if I'm feeling flush.

Prefer to cook at home (fried in beef dripping) to going out and buying. Chippy in the village is not terribly good despite the high footfall (captive audience). Award-winning chippy in town, but the cost and round trip makes it inconvenient.

postman

Squire
We have fish and chips once a month.Seniors at Normoss near Blackpool.They are superb always.Salt vinegar and both red and brown sauce,plus a bap to make a fish butty.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
We have fish and chips once a month.Seniors at Normoss near Blackpool.They are superb always.Salt vinegar and both red and brown sauce,plus a bap to make a fish butty.

I remember when I lived in Poulton Le Fylde a life time ago the Fish and Chips in that part of the country were always superb.

postman

Squire
I remember when I lived in Poulton Le Fylde a life time ago the Fish and Chips in that part of the country were always superb.
I am sure Seniors have a shop there.They serve wonderful fish and chips.They do i had my 70th birthday in there,sadly a few of those there then are no longer with us.We only moved to Normoss due to better parking when we take father in law out.The Poulton casr park serves a large shopping centre and lovely shops all around, Poulton is a lovely place.

Last edited:
Reactions: JtB

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
I don't tend to get fish from any of the local chippies, they're always far too big and a bit greasy.
The Chinese chippy just down the hill from my Aunt in North Wales does an awesomely good half egg fried rice, half chips and curry sauce.
Food of the Gods! And change from £4.

I don't tend to get fish from any of the local chippies, they're always far too big and a bit greasy.
The Chinese chippy just down the hill from my Aunt in North Wales does an awesomely good half egg fried rice, half chips and curry sauce.
Food of the Gods! And change from £4.

Aaaargh, now you're giving me the nocturnal munchies!

Here a haddock and chips to take out is £8.50. I don't buy fish as I'm a veggie. A portion would be enough for two people easy.
A very large bag of chips is £2.30 and I'd say we have some about once a year or so.
The Magpie in Whitby has always been expensive.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Quayside, next door to the Magpie is both cheaper and better. Ditto The Fisherman's Wife, just round the corner heading up the Khyber pass - TFW also has amazing views.

If it's takeaway, just salt and vinegar for me, please.

If it's a proper sit down meal, then salt, vinegar and tartare sauce. And ideally, no peas but some baked beans..... Sorry if that makes me some sort of heathen!

Top Bottom