Fish n chips. Do you have any type of sauce on them??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Normally chip shop chips with BBQ sauce.

However currently on a diet (lost 30lb since June) so have Air Fryer Chopped potatos coated in Frylite with tomato puree and Balsamic vinegar for sauce.

steverob

Guru
Someone I know was telling me they went to Cornwall this summer with his partner and 2 kids. They all had fish and chips and a can of pop to take out. They were £75.00 in total. Unbelievable rip off.
Holy smokes. Even in London that would be considered expensive!

In fact have just checked and at Poppies (small chain of chip shops in central London, mainly in quite touristy areas, has won awards and the quality is there but obviously prices to match) to have two adults eat either cod or haddock and chips, plus two kids meals and four cans of soft drink, comes to £71 - and that's table service as well, not take-away.

As for sauce, ketchup but only for dipping chips in. Peas are an abomination, mushy ones even more so.

DRM

Guru
The Magpie in Whitby is expensive, looking at their menu, Haddock or Cod & Chips, with Lemon slice & Tartare Sauce, to eat inside at a table £19.95 each, that cornish price is a P*$$ take

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
For "Chippie" Fish and Chips - Salt and Vinegar only.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just Salt for me too although a bit of Tartare sauce on the Fish is nice.
At Off The Tracks festival the indoor catering counter* does Chips and Curry sauce on a tray, they know me now as I like Salt on my chips before the Curry sauce.

* This is a proper pro kitchen they also do a breakfast in the mornings and Burgers during the day Beef, Venison and Spicy Bean (Veggie) and on Saturdays John Sheils (owner of the Hotel and Campsite) does a proper 'Hog-roast' with the cavity stuffed with Apples

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Tomatoe Sauce on both, or tomato sauce on the fish (Haddock) and vinegar and 'chip spice*' on the chips. And possibly mushy peas and a pattie* accompanying

* It's a Hull thing and highly addictive

Top Bottom