Films that you've never seen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Never watched any of the Sharknado films? 😂

And we're back to 'Under Paris'.
in case you're in any doubt, the hammed-up portrayal of the Paris Mayor is a fairly early sign of how bad this film could get; except it gets so much worse.

When they go into the lair of the shark, well it's bit off the wall.

Okay, sharks (plural)

And then it shifts up several gears and goes utterly bat**** crazy. If you haven't seen it, go now, watch netflix!! Enjoy it with wine!

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Squire
I've seen the first one, and having lived in LA I was appalled at the improbability of getting from the coast to Beverly Hills in mere minutes, tornadoes full of sharks or not.

There's a whole series of that type of film, usually with a load of unknowns along with an older famous name from the eighties /nineties -

Mega Shark V Mecha Shark
Mega Shark V Crocosaurus
Mega Shark V Giant Octopus

And, just for the fight scene between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, my favourite is - Mega Python V Gatoroid.

Quality B movie nonsense. 😂

I never watch any films the arty critics like. I used to listen to their views and watch those arty films only to realise I'vé completely wasted 90 minutes of my life. They are pretty much all garbage often with no real story to tell, a stupid directing style and weird performances. An example of such a film for me is ''Requiem for a dream'. Utterly detested it. Nowadays I can't watch anything unless it has a proper story properly told. It can be weird but it must have a story that flows properly.

lazybloke

I never watch any films the arty critics like. I used to listen to their views and watch those arty films only to realise I'vé completely wasted 90 minutes of my life. They are pretty much all garbage often with no real story to tell, a stupid directing style and weird performances. An example of such a film for me is ''Requiem for a dream'. Utterly detested it. Nowadays I can't watch anything unless it has a proper story properly told. It can be weird but it must have a story that flows properly.

I'm getting my films mixed up - I thought "Requiem for a Dream" was about drugs, pigs and flowers (!!!), but having done some googling I'm thinking of "Upstream Color", for which weird might also be an apt description.

AndyRM

XOXO
There's a whole series of that type of film, usually with a load of unknowns along with an older famous name from the eighties /nineties -

Mega Shark V Mecha Shark
Mega Shark V Crocosaurus
Mega Shark V Giant Octopus

And, just for the fight scene between Tiffany and Debbie Gibson, my favourite is - Mega Python V Gatoroid.

Quality B movie nonsense. 😂

I'm aware. They're mostly from Asylum Studios and I've seen a few. I wouldn't even call them B Movies.

I have a similar approach. When I took theatre studies, I had to read a "classic" play every week and write a report on it; I've never read such turgid, depressing nonsense. I ended up writing a comedy drama for my final exam. It used the same structures and conventions of a "classic" play, but it had a story and made people laugh.

I find ignoring anything critics like is a useful approach in a number of areas; any novel that has an "award" on the cover is best avoided.

lazybloke

This isn't a movie, but the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer entitled "Once more, with feeling" was an absolute riot.

I'm listening to the soundtrack now; Anthony Stewart Head ("Giles") and Amber Benson ("Tara") are duetting in my office currently. :hyper:

Top Bottom