Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Me definitely. ❤️❤️❤️

Mrs SD can - says she has a horse face and a nasty shrill voice. 😲

That's a bit of a mixed message there Spokey .

You say you 'can' resist but then there's ❤️❤️❤️?? Conflicted feelings..

Mrs SD is a bit hard on poor Kylie.

Still there's plenty as do like her poptastic offerings, and she's shown some longevity, in a notoriously youth orientated (for women) industry

so I guess she will cope with the odd bit of unsisterly sniping from the sidelines . 🤔

T4tomo

Legendary Member
We have a New Member Introductions section so maybe a Members Signing Off section too?

We could then create a sub-forum for them and maybe call it The Circle of (Virtual) Life.

I am awarding myself a gold star and extra 30 minutes lie-in for these positively brilliant ideas. 🙂
very good idea. maybe also a sub thread for posting OTT rants that only the poster feels are justified, because they tired / hangry/ mistake humour for being "picked on"

Or alternatively..... It's all very pleasant and lovely because there's no opposition to the bunch of lefties who run the show. Especially now that Pale Rider has been bullied into submission. You can all slap each other on the back and continue with the big love-in without any fear of contradiction :rolleyes:.
Said without a trace of irony when criticising posters on another forum :rolleyes:

A bit like one of those nosy parker curtain twitchers not being able to stop looking at and complaining about those awful people across the road.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
very good idea. maybe also a sub thread for posting OTT rants that only the poster feels are justified, because they tired / hangry/ mistake humour for being "picked on"
How about, analogous to the swear filter, we have an algorithm that would detect ridiculous rants and automatically Bel-Air them, possibly even just for everybody else so the poster is unaware.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
That's a bit of a mixed message there Spokey .

You say you 'can' resist but then there's ❤️❤️❤️?? Conflicted feelings..

Mrs SD is a bit hard on poor Kylie.

Still there's plenty as do like her poptastic offerings, and she's shown some longevity, in a notoriously youth orientated (for women) industry

so I guess she will cope with the odd bit of unsisterly sniping from the sidelines . 🤔

Aaaargh! Excuse my poor phraseology!

I meant that as a Kylie-positive sentence not a Kylie-negative one. I can see what I have done!

I think she's great and have a whole Spotify play list made up of her 'disco' remixes.

Mrs SD is jealous of Kylie's pert derrier methinks. 🙂

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Aaaargh! Excuse my poor phraseology!

I meant that as a Kylie-positive sentence not a Kylie-negative one. I can see what I have done!

I think she's great and have a whole Spotify play list made up of her 'disco' remixes.

Mrs SD is jealous of Kylie's pert derrier methinks. 🙂

Love a bit of disco..
So uplifting, and fun

Of course purists might baulk at some of Kylie's reconstructions..
But that would be overthinking, the idea is it's lighthearted, and deeply funky .

Well of course Kylie has a well toned arriss, but it's not as if she hasn't worked for it , is it??

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Said without a trace of irony when criticising posters on another forum :rolleyes:

A bit like one of those nosy parker curtain twitchers not being able to stop looking at and complaining about those awful people across the road.

Quite..

"Oh they're all so dreadful over there, that I can't bear to look"

Either join in and make your point, in preferably a cogent and reasonably civil manner .

Or just leave it alone.

Quite..

"Oh they're all so dreadful over there, that I can't bear to look"

Either join in and make your point, in preferably a cogent and reasonably civil manner .

Or just leave it alone.
Isn't it possible that people looked in and thought: "That looks too unpleasant a place to voice my opinion."
At least one poster on this thread - who is a longstanding, and positive contributor in areas such as Touring - has said as much.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Isn't it possible that people looked in and thought: "That looks too unpleasant a place to voice my opinion."
At least one poster on this thread - who is a longstanding, and positive contributor in areas such as Touring - has said as much.
But I think that about Conservative Home. However I just don’t visit it and I certainly don’t bitch about it.

A little tip I learnt as an HR consultant. If a potential job applicant at interview bitches about or blames their previous boss or work colleagues, don’t offer them a job.
ah but that's why this place is nicer/saner - no one here is looking for a job/has to worry about an employer trying to police their life and valid reasonable opinions. There's no leverage.

So while your view on job applicants is certainly valid I don't think your analogy is valid vis a vis this place.

Interesting that you raise the work/office/whatever point though - I quite often thought about the other place that some folk on there could make life sheer hell for someone who didn't join their gang in a closed environment like a workplace where they could lord it and trash someone's views/personality/supposed values/get them excluded/damned by management. On here of course, folk can just walk away. And many did.

(on kylie, not really a fan but I rather admire her for keeping at it - doesn't seem to take herself too seriously, unless that's a false modest pose)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom