Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Do you know that for a fact about Paley? I am slightly worried his health isn’t great - he’s not been seen on here, either - or do you think he’s been bullied into submission here also?

I hope you are ok @Pale Rider …… if you are reading this.

It leaves a horrible feeling when posters leave all of a sudden - especially those that, for whatever reason, have a higher profile than most.

Hoping PR is okay too - I rather liked the way he stood his ground on here.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Or alternatively..... It's all very pleasant and lovely because there's no opposition to the bunch of lefties who run the show. Especially now that Pale Rider has been bullied into submission. You can all slap each other on the back and continue with the big love-in without any fear of contradiction :rolleyes:.

Mr Rider has been 'bullied' .off??

Srsly?

Have you seen some of the stuff he writes.

His contempt for his fellow human, and any contradictory opinion. pretty much oozes through the screen.

I suspect that wherever he is atm ,the idea of his being 'bullied' by a bunch of 'limp wristed woke lefty liberals' would make him snort his morning coffee .

There's plenty of contradictory opinions on there, they're just perhaps a little more nuanced than the "I'm right you're wrong, end of" variety that some folks seem to think constitutes a 'debate'.

Or alternatively..... It's all very pleasant and lovely because there's no opposition to the bunch of lefties who run the show.
Quite - in the past pre the over-the-wall transfer, whenever it periodically cooled down a bit, calls would be made for other folks to pop in and "debate" - very often so they could then be rounded on amidst much high fiving from those who saw themselves as the annointed. Not surprisingly, the siren calls were largely ignored and folk got on with other stuff.
The other way of manufacturing argument was simply, from some quarters, to just misrepresent folks' opinions so that they could be condemned.
Curious thing is of course that since the police hopped over the wall this side hasn't all of a sudden been subject to a mass outbreak of racism and misogyny.
Funny old word.
Generally quiet and peaceful over this way as well.
Much of it was a very bad advert for lefty liberalism - and I'm a lefty liberal myself.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do you know that for a fact about Paley?
No I don't know that for a fact. And thanks to the weird unofficial CC rule which prohibits the questioning of the welfare of regular members who suddenly disappear, I never will.

All I know is that he was pretty much a lone voice "over there" and it would have taken dedication beyond most human tolerances to be bothered with maintaining his presence. Why bother?

Rocky

Hello decadence
No I don't know that for a fact. And thanks to the weird unofficial CC rule which prohibits the questioning of the welfare of regular members who suddenly disappear, I never will.

All I know is that he was pretty much a lone voice "over there" and it would have taken dedication beyond most human tolerances to be bothered with maintaining his presence. Why bother?
I happen to like Paley. I’ve had back channel discussions with him over the years. I’m genuinely concerned about him.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
We have a New Member Introductions section so maybe a Members Signing Off section too?

We could then create a sub-forum for them and maybe call it The Circle of (Virtual) Life.

I am awarding myself a gold star and extra 30 minutes lie-in for these positively brilliant ideas. 🙂

You mean like a dedicated thread for flouncers ??

Go for it, I think the entertainment value would reap rewards in terms of forum traffic 👍🏼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom