Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Do you know that for a fact about Paley? I am slightly worried his health isn’t great - he’s not been seen on here, either - or do you think he’s been bullied into submission here also?

I hope you are ok @Pale Rider …… if you are reading this.
I think you may be right.
When on topic he was a good contributor. Latterly (at least on NACA) he just perpetuated negative behaviors he accused other posters of displaying rather than engaging with the topic.
Sad, I liked him when he was on form, he has much to contribute even though I didn't agree with much of it....

TBF shep, you did once specifically say on the old NACA you were only there for the fun of winding up others, so now complaining that they agree with you and treat you accordingly seems a little... ...inconsistent.
I'm not complaining I'm pointing out the fact that you're 'crying out' for alternative views yet when someone provides one you don't like it.

If my term 'wind up' makes me a 'Troll' then so be it but have you never heard someone saying something you disagree with so for the 'wind up' you put across your own view?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
tl:dr
When 20 people poked him with a stick, he usually poked one of them back.
When you try and take some sort of moral high ground and then do the same as others, you're gonna get pulled-up on it.
Which ever way you think it went (and there are a range of views on this am certain), it was never going to have a good outcome....

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Note the weird double-think here:
- We could do with more views, more diversity in NACA.
- If you don't like, don't visit it!

Both can be true.

Anyone can post their views, on politics or current affairs, that doesn't mean they'll get everyone agreeing with them in every detail.

That rarely happens.

But if folks can't cope with those views being challenged, or can't bear being asked to clarify or justify what they've said then they're better off not going there.

If they want their position to go unquestioned then they can stay away and not risk their view being challenged in any way.

It's a free choice .

Isn't it possible that people looked in and thought: "That looks too unpleasant a place to voice my opinion."
At least one poster on this thread - who is a longstanding, and positive contributor in areas such as Touring - has said as much.
All things are possible.........except those that are not.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
All things are possible.........except those that are not.

There are plenty of threads even on this forum which upon viewing, get a big old 'nope' from me, on account of the characters, attitudes, and stuff discussed.

But i don't get all pearl clutchy about it though .

Maybe I should , and insist that people be relentlessly nice to me, otherwise I'll go off in a huff..

I can see that ending well 🤔

There's not a lot to see of late, NACA gone, the one thread that had some traction / entertainment now closed.

There is only so many times you can read a request for a "bike for £1500" or "how to adjust my front mech"

Just me thinking out loud but I feel sure the lack of content / debate must also be persuading others to look in less and less.

Not knocking the people running the forum, certainly beyond my computer knowledge, just seen a few boards over the years becoming " over sensitive" and dying out.

Good luck.

Well you livened things up a bit with this thread anyhow.

Hope it entertained and informed too 👍🏼💃🌻

There are plenty of threads even on this forum which upon viewing, get a big old 'nope' from me, on account of the characters, attitudes, and stuff discussed.

But i don't get all pearl clutchy about it though .

Maybe I should , and insist that people be relentlessly nice to me, otherwise I'll go off in a huff..

I can see that ending well 🤔
Yes, I mean we've seen what a hard time you get on Cyclechat. It's brave of you to keep turning up, risking your views being challenged and the like https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/vote-one-vote-all-should-mudsticks-be-canonised.262555/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom