Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
IMO NACA can become a bit of an echo chamber because of the smaller number of members but in fact the second most prolific poster is certainly no leftie, who admits he is there for the trolling and has remarked he doesn't get bans like he does on the mothership.
Trolling or addressing the balance of opinion?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Thanks for your advice but i really dont feel like doing you any favours, and i do not drink alcohol at all if thats what you mean , doesnt go well with my medication and my judgement is not impaired in the slightest,

maybe you could point that rule out, i would genuinly like to see it , i have had a quick look , but it doesnt state a post will be removed when reported, not even if the reporter has some irrelevant training.

it does however say..
The CycleChat forums are moderated by a team of carefully selected volunteer Forum Moderators. They:
  • Help forum members use the forums properly by offering guidance and answering questions
  • Maintain reference information in the forums
  • Edit, move, merge, or remove threads or posts that do not comply with the Forum Rules
  • Remind users about the rules and apply forum discipline where necessary
  • Test new forum features
  • Help set forum policies
The administrator oversees the moderators, manages the site and forum system, and makes policy decisions.
Maybe you should ask the moderators why they delete offensive, abusive or off topic posts then during their clean up closures of threads, if its not in the rules to remove them, but maybe next time read the rules properly……it genuinly states within the rules on insults “post deletion”……..

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
totally agree on that point.......i asked in a few threads, has CC become like north korea, china, in over controlling what we are allowed to discuss
Think of @Shaun as Kim Jong-un or Xi Jinping. It's his forum so he gets to choose the terms & conditions of use of the forum.

Maybe you should ask the moderators why they delete offensive, abusive or off topic posts then during their clean up closures of threads, if its not in the rules to remove them
Maybe I shouldn’t after all it isn’t me who is questioning what the mods should or should not do ad I said I don’t have any relevant training that enables me to state that I have a valid point due to said training
You are the one that said mods delete reported posts otherwise what’s the point of reporting them. When in fact it says they CAN, not will, vast difference

You stating what you want to happen not what the rules say
On that note I am out of this thread ….. again:okay:

jowwy

Maybe I shouldn’t after all it isn’t me who is questioning what the mods should or should not do ad I said I don’t have any relevant training that enables me to state that I have a valid point due to said training
You are the one that said mods delete reported posts otherwise what’s the point of reporting them. When in fact it says they CAN, not will, vast difference

And i linked to the mod rules were said post deletion is stated…..maybe you missed the point when you flounced off.

Bloody hell I feel like one of those people that can’t help look at an accident again and again

Like I said it said can not will , you may like to look up the meaning of the word flounce
Right thread is going on ignore or as jowwy would have it , I’m flouncing:laugh:

jowwy

So if I reported every post you made no-one would ever see a thing you said?
If thats what you want to do……and have a genuine reason for reporting them. Ive made circa 10k posts, so it may take you a while. But you may also get done for wasting moderators time.

Anyway, to get away from the personal spats this is a cycling forum for cyclists to discuss their sport or hobby. Complaining about "Another what bike thread" is to entirely miss the point of the place. All aspects of cycling from racing to recumbents are discussed by enthusiasts and casual cyclist alike and there is a wealth of knowledge available, whether you want to know how you fit a chain or how to knock 30 seconds of your personal best for a TT.

All the other sections are interesting and I visit Cafe a lot, but like NCAP it is just froth. Take those away and I would still be here to talk about bikes and cycling, if they were the only things available I wouldn't bother. We have had some good posters drift away, but many of the most voiciferous flouncers who stormed off in a huff contributed little or no cycling related content. The forum is quieter than it used to be, but that is true of all forums since the advent of other social media outlets like Facebook. This place is still a first class font of knowledge for anything you want to find out cycling related.

jowwy

You are allowed to ask mods questions about moderation mind, thats in the rules too.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Anyway, to get away from the personal spats this is a cycling forum for cyclists to discuss their sport or hobby. Complaining about "Another what bike thread" is to entirely miss the point of the place. All aspects of cycling from racing to recumbents are discussed by enthusiasts and casual cyclist alike and there is a wealth of knowledge available, whether you want to know how you fit a chain or how to knock 30 seconds of your personal best for a TT.

All the other sections are interesting and I visit Cafe a lot, but like NCAP it is just froth. Take those away and I would still be here to talk about bikes and cycling, if they were the only things available I wouldn't bother. We have had some good posters drift away, but many of the most voiciferous flouncers who stormed off in a huff contributed little or no cycling related content. The forum is quieter than it used to be, but that is true of all forums since the advent of other social media outlets like Facebook. This place is still a first class font of knowledge for anything you want to find out cycling related.
I like the mixture. Many of us enjoy the banter as much as the cycling. When I first started cycling I was mad keen and maybe wanted to discuss more bike related things, whereas my cycling is now more casual. Afraid I’ve turned into more of a fair weather cyclist, so it’s nice to be able to discuss other stuff too.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@jowwy I did put your proposal to delete all posts reported as offensive to the team.
We are still debating it, but, truly, you have given us an example NOT to use this method.
Why?
Because you recently reported as offensive a post that was clearly a joke, smiley faces and all, made by a member that has never ever made an offensive/abrasive comment on this forum.
Akin to me writing a complain to your company, because someone left a good review of your product, but I find your product is pants. Do I have a case for complaining about the reviewer?
This is the nearest similarity I could find!

Reporting posters is within the rules…….it states it quite clearly and i said nothing about having posters removed, i said have the post deleted
Correct, but you also must have a good reason for wanting the deletion: being offended just because is not a good reason imo.
So whats the issue???
Abrasive comment above imo: but it has not been reported, maybe the poster you responded to didn't find it abrasive. You see, it's subjective. Someone could find one of your post offensive, you would of course disagree. The mods must decide.
but the rules state that reported posts will be removed when reported, if the reporter finds them offensive….otherwise why would you report them????
No, the rules say reported post could be removed. If the reported post is against the rules, it will be removed.
But do me a favor…..dont drink and post next time, it impairs your judgement :okay:
The above, imo, is a personal attack: not reported.
Maybe you should ask the moderators why they delete offensive, abusive or off topic posts then during their clean up closures of threads, if its not in the rules to remove them, but maybe next time read the rules properly……it genuinly states within the rules on insults “post deletion”……..
Yes, this is correct, we will remove offensive, abusive or off topic posts: or edit out the personal attacks, like your "maybe next time read the rules properly" statement above (not reported).
Sometimes, if a poster does personal attacks often, we will issue a warning and/or a ban.
According to the posts I've quoted, you should have had 3 warnings, which automatically trigger a day's forum ban.
But you did not get any warnings, no one reported you :okay:
I'm off to bed now, won't be on CC till late tomorrow, so don't send me any PMs, send a contact us to the team.

classic33

Leg End Member

What was C+ has quietened down over the last year. As have a number of other cycling forums. It isn't just this site.

Could it be as a result of some people having more access time over the last two years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom