Dumbed Down, Not Much Of Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
You have a point: I will put this to the team.

He definitely does not have a point.

Allowing posters eager to take offence to be able to have others removed for causing that "offence" is absolutely the wrong way to go. Indeed, it's really back seat moderating and is explicitly against forum rules!

Mods should take as objective a view as possible as to whether a post was offensive, accepting that a degree of subjectivity is inevitable.

I stated my training gave me a valid point in people reporting abusive posts,
no, what you typed was

I do have a point and being trained in complaints management by the public ombudsman for wales means my point is valid…

you said your training means your point is valid, not quite the same thing is it, you still have not explained why your point is valid just because you had training regardless of who with.

but to answer your question , which was this...So again, what has me signing up to forum rules got to do with my training???

the answer is absolutely nothing , sort of makes one wonder why you mention it at all

my last post on the matter as i have had no relevant training:ohmy:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
It's a serious question.
You've made a long list of complaints about how your complaints haven't been taken seriously and then you do that.

Do you not see any irony?
It was actually a geniune mistake, but if i offended you then no problem, hit the report button, wont be the first or last time i get reported.

jowwy

no, what you typed was

I do have a point and being trained in complaints management by the public ombudsman for wales means my point is valid…

you said your training means your point is valid, not quite the same thing is it, you still have not explained why your point is valid just because you had training regardless of who with.

but to answer your question , which was this...So again, what has me signing up to forum rules got to do with my training???

the answer is absolutely nothing , sort of makes one wonder why you mention it at all

my last post on the matter as i have had no relevant training:ohmy:
I think your confusing yourself now…….have a good evening

jowwy

He definitely does not have a point.

Allowing posters eager to take offence to be able to have others removed for causing that "offence" is absolutely the wrong way to go. Indeed, it's really back seat moderating and is explicitly against forum rules!

Mods should take as objective a view as possible as to whether a post was offensive, accepting that a degree of subjectivity is inevitable.
Reporting posters is within the rules…….it states it quite clearly and i said nothing about having posters removed, i said have the post deleted

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Been here a while - which can be irrelevant as well
Posters come and go
activity levels fluctuate - though recently it does seem to have reduced as certain prolific* posters have left - [*though this itself is not always a good thing]
popularity of forums wax and wane over time as people find other forums / interests / drop out etc, eg. Facebook now as opposed to a few years ago, remember Myspace? -one of the 2 football forums I was on folded a few years back as the young uns are somewhere else & us oldies had less to say, circular arguments & bailed as the owners recognised every dog has its day...
No real answer some interesting points raised pro & cons of sub forums etc.
Hats off to the Mods even if they have on occasions deleted some of my stuff - on reflection the world continued spinning, though it does feel a bit more sensitive these days maybe not a bad thing - though also may detract
Shaun is a thoroughly decent chap {even if he has forgotten how to ride a bike] - having met him a few times, years back, just one of us traversing the roads of life, with a bit more of computer knowledge
Vive le CC however long it lasts :smile:
Ramble over...

jowwy

Really?

Why was this your first response?

Perhaps this might help you to see that not everyone views things through your eyes.

Telling me to "Crack on" is not the same as "oops! Sorry I misspelt your name". Is it?
Because i have no issue with you at all for reporting me for shortening your user name and if it did genuinely offended you, then crack on…..

Because i have no issue with you at all for reporting me for shortening your user name and if it did genuinely offended you, then crack on…..
It's not about whether you have an issue if I report your post or not.

I'm not banging my head against this wall anymore.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Reporting posters is within the rules…….it states it quite clearly and i said nothing about having posters removed, i said have the post deleted

Sure, no objection to anyone reporting as many posts as they like.

It is entirely wrong IMV to remove those posts (I meant posts, not posters) purely because the reporter has chosen to take offence.

Reporting of many posts was one of the main reasons cited for the removal of NACA.

jowwy

Sure, no objection to anyone reporting as many posts as they like.

It is entirely wrong IMV to remove those posts (I meant posts, not posters) purely because the reporter has chosen to take offence.

Reporting of many posts was one of the main reasons cited for the removal of NACA.
but the rules state that reported posts will be removed when reported, if the reporter finds them offensive….otherwise why would you report them????

Thanks for your advice but i really dont feel like doing you any favours, and i do not drink alcohol at all if thats what you mean , doesnt go well with my medication and my judgement is not impaired in the slightest,
but the rules state that reported posts will be removed when reported, if the reporter finds them offensive….otherwise why would you report them????
maybe you could point that rule out, i would genuinly like to see it , i have had a quick look , but it doesnt state a post will be removed when reported, not even if the reporter has some irrelevant training.

it does however say..
The CycleChat forums are moderated by a team of carefully selected volunteer Forum Moderators. They:
  • Help forum members use the forums properly by offering guidance and answering questions
  • Maintain reference information in the forums
  • Edit, move, merge, or remove threads or posts that do not comply with the Forum Rules
  • Remind users about the rules and apply forum discipline where necessary
  • Test new forum features
  • Help set forum policies
The administrator oversees the moderators, manages the site and forum system, and makes policy decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom