Don't some of you people ever go to bed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Assuming he's correct over the speed at impact & his distance travelled before hitting the ground, along with the damage done to both vehicles, his bike's a write off going by what he said. How is flesh, blood & bone going to come of best?
All he wanted to do was sleep, dangerous if the head has sufferred an impact. He was also insisting that he was ok, until he can get to see a doctor. One thing a doctor wouldn't do is prescribe something that would make you drowsy. It'll speed up the bodies "need to sleep".
Yer I agree. With the speeds described I wouldn't have thought second about going to hospital. I have not read about the sleepiness but its slightly dodgy but you would also need to factor in time as it is late but that being said I would expect him to still be racing from the ordeal.
I still stand by my comment he should have went to A&E. He said he landed on his shoulder if I remember correctly so sleepiness is not exactly a preferred feeling.

classic33

Leg End Member
He's not certain how he landed, but it may have been across the panniers. Sore down the right side but his back was covered in muck. He was picked out of the side of the road.
He makes no mention of how the police found him, did someone else report him lying in the road. There's bits missing that he can't seem to account for.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Not jumping the gun but its quite easy he missed it out or failed to mention how he was found or how the police arrived. Although going off others threads they normally say something like I phoned the police don't they? Not exactly a happy picture though. I suppose you will find out tomorrow.

classic33

Leg End Member
In case you're wondering how I appear to know so much about head injuries, its because I've had a "few" over the years.
Once took over 6 months for the vision to return to normal. Having split/cracked the skull in over 13 places. I wasn't allowed to sleep that night in hospital.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I think its common knowledge if you suspect a head injury for the love of god don't let them sleep. Its easier to keep them awake than to wake them up.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's what a few of us were trying to tell him. If he went to his nearest A&E, they'd have made certain he stayed awake.
And should he be unable he'd be in the best place possible.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I still find it mindbogglingly that after such speeds you would say no to hospital. Although that's a male condition is it not?! Only go to the doctors if death is staring at you through the letterbox.

classic33

Leg End Member
I still find it mindbogglingly that after such speeds you would say no to hospital. Although that's a male condition is it not?! Only go to the doctors if death is staring at you through the letterbox.
I was exactly the same 8 years ago, when I ended up on the bonnet of a car. Although the last thing Iwanted to do was sleep. Benefit of prior experience.
My collision was nowhere near as bad & at a lower speed.

Kies

My sleep pattern is shot to pieces. Last night of being oncall and expected to do a normal 9-5 in 5 hours time.
Can't make my mind up over an expensive Brompton or a slightly less expensive Tern

classic33

Leg End Member
My sleep pattern is shot to pieces. Last night of being oncall and expected to do a normal 9-5 in 5 hours time.
Can't make my mind up over an expensive Brompton or a slightly less expensive Tern
Who'll be paying?

Kies

Why spend more on the Brompton?

I keep reading blogs and reviews, some say brommie,others say the 20" wheels of the Tern are so much better and the bike is faster.
All about compromises, the brommie is the most compact when folded, but not that much smaller than the Tern. The bike will be folded twice a day for a 20 min (x2)mainline journey into Paddington. I plan to lock it outside when visiting customers in London

classic33

Leg End Member
Why spend more on the Brompton?

I keep reading blogs and reviews, some say brommie,others say the 20" wheels of the Tern are so much better and the bike is faster.
All about compromises, the brommie is the most compact when folded, but not that much smaller than the Tern. The bike will be folded twice a day for a 20 min (x2)mainline journey into Paddington. I plan to lock it outside when visiting customers in London
Never having heard of a Tern, as in a folding bike I went for the name I knew. I also said you might have a chance to "sleep on it"

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I'm on a diet in which participants have said they benefit from good night's sleep since they've been on it. I knew I had to be the exception to the rule.
I had difficulty today keeping ahead of a brommie and I was on my cx. Every time I stopped at the lights, within seconds the wee fecker pulled up behind me.

Top Bottom