Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oh dear god, YACF would rip him to shreds.

someone send him a link to veloriders - that won't be pretty....

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 2096635, member: 45"]Right, remind me what he said again......[/quote]
See post 531 on previous page. If you you think you're upto reading it from the start, again. Not partway through, remember that!

He didn't post last Saturday either.

07:36 Sunday for his next post on here.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I was going to post a Bambi video in jest, but it was too sad :cry:

Oldspice

1-1024x806.jpg
:cry::cry::cry:

Go Vegan.

classic33

Leg End Member
For those, including disabled rider, who may have thought that what I was saying as having done, wasn't. I offer some proof that it wasn't all talk.
Question and Answer.jpg

Phonecalls, who said what to who & when, cannot be placed as easily on here. But my efforts were serious attempts at trying to find out/help. You may not like the answers given, but there's more than me tried to help out.
What I've posted on here is as was said/done & now its upto disabled rider, who doesn't always sign in, but does watch, to take it further

I was hoping for a response before this thread died, but such is the nature of trying to get an answer in a short period of time(not always possible) I'm posting now.

classic33

Leg End Member
Message & Read response.jpg
RE: "Discimination" against disabled cyclists‏

Mitchell, Tim (DOT) (Tim.Mitchell@state.mn.us)
Sent:
15 October 2012 16:01:35
To:

Cc:
Jorenby, Kristin (DOT) (kristin.jorenby@state.mn.us)
Thank you very much for your inquiry.
First, I would like to clarify your question. In the title you note that this was in regard to discrimination against disabled cyclists. Did you intend for this to be in the literal sense? If so, we will need to coordinate your concerns with our Affirmative Action Office.
If not, then the answer to your question is relatively straight forward. In Minnesota, state law allows bicyclists to travel on any roadway with the exception of controlled access highways (visualize one of our interstates).
Specific to your question, most of U.S. Highway 52 is open to bicycling. There are specific stretches in the Twin Cities area that bicycling would be restricted, as well as a stretch through the City of Rochester.
I hope this assists you. Please let me know if you have more specific questions.
tm
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:29 PM
To: Geschwind, Lynnette (DOT)
Subject: "Discimination" against disabled cyclists

Trying to find out what the legal posistion is with regards cycling on the pavements in Minnesota by someone who feels that the roads are not safe to cycle on.
What restricts/prevents cyclists from using highway 52. Is it down to the speed of the traffic, similar to the motorways over here. Or was it never designed to take cyclists from the start.
I will say that this is coming from the UK, , which explains the wording used.

Picture posted isn't clear enough. Text of message posted hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom