Discrimination and Loss of "freedom of movement" for poor and disabled

Is exclusion and discrimination of the poor and disabled in regards to cycling a serious problem?

• yes

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • no

Votes: 29 34.9%
  • I am ignorant on the issue (lack of knowledge, not dumb)

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • your trolling

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • your not trolling

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • They are a danger and should not be allowed (for what ever reason)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I never knew I was discriminating by "exclusion"

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don't want them cycling and think you need to be silenced

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • please educate me

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • TMI (if this is your selection please PM as to why)

Votes: 8 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
What is disabledrider's primary disability? Is it deafness and from that various other conditions have sprung? Or do you have another disability, a symptom of which is deafness. Pardon the question but I just want to better understand your situation.
His primary disability is deafness, the others mentioned have happenned along the way.
His real disability, in my book is he wants everyone to tell him his right. Because he is deaf he should be above the law. On here I don't think one person has agreed with him on what he claims he should be allowed to do because off his deafness.

classic33

Leg End Member
Anyone want a 47 page, 40,105 worded document. Thats the total of his posting sofar.
Pease note does not include quotes of other posts.

classic33

Leg End Member
This topic is going round and round in circles, it will never reach a satisfactory conclusion, and I suspect is a complete waste of everyones time and energy, especially the OP's.
I did contact the various agencies that he would need to speak to/see earlier this week but he never showed. Why he failed to show, given what he's repeating, only he can answer. The thing is he won't answer.

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
The OP uses 'exclision' like confetti!
I have ben excluded from flying first class by all airlines because of my arms. I have short arms and long pockets; I cannot get the money out to pay for my ticket!
I am also excluded from all major entertainment venues worldwide so who do I complain to? Binaural people utilise the cocktail party effect to focus their attention on one voice out of many; some monaural people can also do this but I cannot. All I get is a load of noise in one ear. Should I campaign to get noise levels reduced to about 80 dB max? This would greatly benefit me and fellow sufferers but will not endear me to the thousands who enjoy loud venues. How am I excluded? It is a self imposed exclusion, I find different places to enjoy myself.
Now, a special offer for the OP! You say you do not have a car, well go to a local dealer and choose a new car. I will put 60 percent deposit on it. Do not worry about your FICO score/credit rating. One of my American friends will put it in his name and you pay the monthly payments and runnung costs. When the final payment is made, the title will be transferred to you.
So all you have to do is to find the payments and running costs. What would you prefer? A car and many sleepless nights worrying about the money or no car and being able to sleep at night? The choice is yours.
You may think that I am excluding UK based posters but I will make them a similar offer! Any make of car but must be new, made in the UK this year by Dinky and bought from an authorised Dinky approved stockist!
Getting back on a serious note. This happened to me, tell me who I can complain to. I love the more highbrow type of quiz programmes and would love to appeaar on Countdown and win a teapot; UK readers know what I am talking about! I have been to a few auditions without success. The closest I ever got was a dummy run through of one programme; I won the final round by a wide margin and was congratulated by the host and the producer. That was the last I heard but did see on one episode the contestant who finished a very poor second to me. Why was I not chosen Stutter? Not photogenic or another reason?.

classic33

Leg End Member
The OP uses 'exclision' like confetti!
I have ben excluded from flying first class by all airlines because of my arms. I have short arms and long pockets; I cannot get the money out to pay for my ticket!
I am also excluded from all major entertainment venues worldwide so who do I complain to? Binaural people utilise the cocktail party effect to focus their attention on one voice out of many; some monaural people can also do this but I cannot. All I get is a load of noise in one ear. Should I campaign to get noise levels reduced to about 80 dB max? This would greatly benefit me and fellow sufferers but will not endear me to the thousands who enjoy loud venues. How am I excluded? It is a self imposed exclusion, I find different places to enjoy myself.
Now, a special offer for the OP! You say you do not have a car, well go to a local dealer and choose a new car. I will put 60 percent deposit on it. Do not worry about your FICO score/credit rating. One of my American friends will put it in his name and you pay the monthly payments and runnung costs. When the final payment is made, the title will be transferred to you.
So all you have to do is to find the payments and running costs. What would you prefer? A car and many sleepless nights worrying about the money or no car and being able to sleep at night? The choice is yours.
You may think that I am excluding UK based posters but I will make them a similar offer! Any make of car but must be new, made in the UK this year by Dinky and bought from an authorised Dinky approved stockist!
Getting back on a serious note. This happened to me, tell me who I can complain to. I love the more highbrow type of quiz programmes and would love to appeaar on Countdown and win a teapot; UK readers know what I am talking about! I have been to a few auditions without success. The closest I ever got was a dummy run through of one programme; I won the final round by a wide margin and was congratulated by the host and the producer. That was the last I heard but did see on one episode the contestant who finished a very poor second to me. Why was I not chosen Stutter? Not photogenic or another reason?.
Hate to say this but you stand a better chance of getting sense out of the OP than getting a Dinky Car,thats been made in the UK. Dinkey went bust many moons ago & Corgi, their nearest rival are made in China & India. Machbox, now owned by Mattel(Hot Wheels) also made in China.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Disabledrider, bearing in mind the lengths people have gone to to try and answer your points and to understand your position I would be grateful for a concise answer to the questions I posted earlier.
To reiterate, do you think you would be as patient and indulgent with some one else who demanded so much of the other forum members?
Also what further purpose is there in continuing the thread and what is it that you think we here can do to help?

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Hate to say this but you stand a better chance of getting sense out of the OP than getting a Dinky Car,thats been made in the UK. Dinkey went bust many moons ago & Corgi, their nearest rival are made in China & India. Machbox, now owned by Mattel(Hot Wheels) also made in China.
That joke offer was made so that UK based members did not feel 'excluded' and that the OP was getting special treatment.
Off topic: I thought that Dinky were far superior to Corgi

classic33

Leg End Member
I think the biggest and most important issue raised in this thread is that in Minnesota deer are being discriminated against by disabled cyclists
Only the one dis-abled cyclist. They can run faster than he can, so they'll enjoy a longer life as from yesterday.
That joke offer was made so that UK based members did not feel 'excluded' and that the OP was getting special treatment.
Off topic: I thought that Dinky were far superior to Corgi
Agree on the Dinky part. Ironic that Corgi are now owned by the company that once owned Dinky.
Not "excluding the poor" by saying one was better than the other am I?
I bought one today an' all. Bought from an authorised Dinky approved stockist!

I now believe he's gone. BikeRadar & YACF, here he comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom