Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
it feels like their 75 run 1st innings lead will be decisive, lead is now 260+ and growing.... but you never know.

A positive start will but tehir bowlers under pressure, but its the sort of pitch where 3or4 wickets could go down in a heap, as we saw in our first innings

T4tomo

Legendary Member
so was teh 65run 9th wicket stand:
  • encouraging for England's batters
  • potentially matchwinning
  • immensely frustrating given Salman was dropped twice in single figures?
  • all of the above?
297 to win.

I suspect we'll attempt to go quite hard at it. No point prodding around as there will be a ball with your name on it coming along.

tall order on that pitch but thought we might have got closer. Some weekend cricket for the decider next week which makes a change, may well assist Pakistan though, but its been a good contest and difficult to call a winner?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Shan Masood was quoted as saying he wanted another spinning pitch for the decider, but that was very unlikely in Rawalpindi, which is is anything more batter friendly than Multan

T4tomo

Legendary Member
just had a check, seven 1st innings centuries (Eng 4 / Pak 3) in 2022, it went our way in the end.

yes we scored at 6.5 rpo in 1st inning and 7.4 in 2nd.
oddly our spinners too the majority of the 1st inning wickets but the seamers did the damage in the 2nd. reverse swing and a bit of uneven bonce from the cracks I think.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
everything that is wrong with the cricket calendar....
1729518472296.png

2 players from test squad (not yet announced which 2) will potentially play until Monday evening in Pakistan and then hop on plane to the Windies to join up with the other 13 players.

I think in reality Jordan Cox, who hasnt played yet, will be one to go and head over once teams are announced this week, as Buttler is injured there is no front line WK over there currently. One of the bowlers who misses out on the 3rd test will probably head off with him...

Edit: Michael Pepper now added to the squad as replacement wicket keeper in addition to two to head over from Pakistan tour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom