Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newts

Veteran
Good start from England.
64-0 or 0-64 if you are an Aussie:ohmy:

0-64 is just as bad as the Yanks calling football 'soccer'.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Root goes, England still ahead but game in the balance. I feel England need a lead with the prospect of batting last and the pressure it will put on Pakistan.

AndyRM

XOXO
Maybe going all out with spin wasn't such a bonkers idea after all. Didn't expect the pitch to do so much until the third day.

Getting within 50 would be pretty impressive from here.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Maybe going all out with spin wasn't such a bonkers idea after all. Didn't expect the pitch to do so much until the third day.

Getting within 50 would be pretty impressive from here.

And if Pakistan carry on with their tradition third innings collapse, we would still have a sniff.

Stokes is getting plenty of stick on other forums. Did we need to rush him back?

AndyRM

XOXO
And if Pakistan carry on with their tradition third innings collapse, we would still have a sniff.

Stokes is getting plenty of stick on other forums. Did we need to rush him back?

I don't think we should have brought him back. No doubt he's a talisman but he's past his best and his injuries are a worry.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Root got unlucky which set the collapse and pressure did the rest. It looks as though it is still possible to score runs and while Pakistan are ahead it’s not all over yet. That 50 partnership for the 9th wicket is looking the difference at the moment.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I don't think we should have brought him back. No doubt he's a talisman but he's past his best and his injuries are a worry.
I would have given him longer to reach fitness even if it meant missing this series. For me the fact he didn’t bowl when their tail was hanging around was telling.

Top Bottom