Cricket thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Yeah. Could be over before lunch. Do they get a partial refund?
The Saturday ticket holders will get a full refund but may still have paid accommodation etc.
I suspect the MCC are probably quite annoyed too. The bar revenue on Saturday would be huge.
Yes, they will get a refund if it finishes v early. The problem is that many folk will have trains and hotels booked.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Anderson takes the first wicket of the day.
He will be agonisingly short of Warne.

whilst my heart would loved to have seen him beat Warne. In my head I believe Warne was a better bowler, with more of a global impact on cricket.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Anderson takes the first wicket of the day.
He will be agonisingly short of Warne.

whilst my heart would loved to have seen him beat Warne. In my head I believe Warne was a better bowler, with more of a global impact on cricket.
Very different bowlers and characters. But I think you are right. Jimmy is incredibly skilled and exceptionally accurate. On their day,other bowlers can do similar, but no others have sustained the level for so long. Warne, could do things other bowlers cannot, so I think I agree with you.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes, they will get a refund if it finishes v early. The problem is that many folk will have trains and hotels booked.

0-15 overs play in a day = 100% refund
15-30 overs play = 50% refund

heading for a full refund I think, 9 wickets down now and 8 overs into the day...

Atkinson has 11 wickets in the match

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Murali was a chucker! :laugh:

I am still convinced that he was.
His action was all over the place.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Yes Murali was checked several times. An amazing one off of a bowler. I’d personally put Warne ahead because of his control and ability to do it on different surfaces. He was also by far the strongest bat of the top three bowlers.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Murali's action was checked more than once, and more than any other player, and it was always found to be legal? Same with Malinga and he was scrutinised a lot too.

Murali had a dodgy elbow that allegedly wouldn't straighten fully which is how he got his action cleared.

I could be wrong but whilst Malinga had an unusual roundarm action, there was never any suggestion that he threw it i.e straighten his arm during his action, it came in and out straight, just not straight over the top.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I was having a post work stroll last night and happened upon a game at the cricket ground over the road, where all the layers seemed to be of an certain age. A few enquiries elicited it was Herts vs Suffolk & Norfolk over 70's county match.

@Salty seadog Your father was playing for England in this category wasn't he I seem to recall?

I watched the last 20 overs with S&N chasing down a modest target of 147 in 40 overs with a couple of overs to spare, but only 2 wickets in hand, indebted to an unbeaten 50 from their No 6 and too many double bounce no-balls from the Herts attack. They closed out with a 3. Both batsmen and fielders were hoping it went for 4, it didn't, it stopped short in front of the pavilion and took the poor chap fielding at mid on quite a while to retreat back to retrieve it, and bayed on by teammates the batsmen had to run / walk 3, before starting the long trudge off.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
test match chatter..

England did their usual brisk scoring yesterday for 416, but gave up some cheap wickets. from 200-3, 280-4, 340-5 they should really have been battling on this morning.

still Windies now 1 down, Bashir has made the break thru after not bowling a single ball last week, and Wood has bowled a 97mph bouncer and is regularly up around the 95mph mark!

Alex321

Guru
test match chatter..

England did their usual brisk scoring yesterday for 416, but gave up some cheap wickets. from 200-3, 280-4, 340-5 they should really have been battling on this morning.

still Windies now 1 down, Bashir has made the break thru after not bowling a single ball last week, and Wood has bowled a 97mph bouncer and is regularly up around the 95mph mark!

3 down at lunch, for 89.

Top Bottom