COVID Vaccine !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Do you get a "proof of vaccination"?
I have no idea.

lane

Veteran
Link leads to an infinite loop, but from the link text, I'll just note that this health minister pledging something has not always meant there is a plan!
Link leads to an infinite loop, but from the link text, I'll just note that this health minister pledging something has not always meant there is a plan!

Well the text is

The health secretary has promised that all adults in the UK will be offered the Covid vaccine by the autumn.

It comes as the Government will set out its vaccines delivery plan at a Downing Street press conference this afternoon.

lane

Veteran
The plan is very clear. First 4 groups by Feb 15th Done. Rest of vulnerable groups down to age 50 by end of April (in progress). Adults aged 18 to 50 May to August or maybe a little later. It does not appear that there is currently any reason to doubt this timetable things seem to going well. Timescales appear reasonable in the light of current progress.

Edit - next phase may well be children plus updated vaccine in the autumn seems likely. One thing this country seems good at is vaccinating - I expect they will continue to want to progress as far as possible.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like there is going to be no easy yet authoritative way of showing venues etc that you have been done then.

I think the venue idea was for rapid at the door testing.

It was no more than an off the cuff suggestion from Boris, so I doubt there are any firm plans at present.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Looks like there is going to be no easy yet authoritative way of showing venues etc that you have been done then.
I don't think there is one yet. I'm in two minds on this as it could be seen as discriminatory. What I badly want is confirmation I can't infectious, there are so many people I'd like to hug or shake hands with who won't be getting their shot for months. A year without physical contact is a long, long time.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Having followed the instructions in my invitation letter to the, er, letter, the nearest site offered was over 13 miles away as the crow flies, and a damp sight further by road. Others varied from 16 to more than 50 miles away. What was the official guidance about staying local?
I know for a fact that there is a site within easy walking distance, and several more in Nottingham.
The best advice I can give to anyone else who encounters this problem is to ignore the NHS letter and go on to the swiftqueue website instead. This showed loads of available appointments locally.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Do you get a "proof of vaccination"?
I don't know if it is widespread, but I was given a card on which was written the date of my first vaccination and told to take the same card to the second vaccination. In the "name" section there is my NHS number. So in theory, for proof of vaccination, I would need to show my appointment letter and blue card as the former is one of two documents I have that link my name to my NHS number.

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
I think the venue idea was for rapid at the door testing.

It was no more than an off the cuff suggestion from Boris, so I doubt there are any firm plans at present.

Just been reiterated in the H of C by, I think, the vaccine minister. So does seem to represent Government thinking.

Top Bottom