Courier employees??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is it true that some kind of stealth ninja training is essential for courier staff?
I did some household deliveries once, I was told on more than one occasion that I had the knock of a debt collector :whistle:

MarkF

Guru
That happens a lot unfortunately. 50/50 who's mistake it was. Sometimes the postman forgets to tick the left with neighbour box and sometimes the customer doesn't read it properly.

"Happening a lot" would surely lead to somebody looking at the system, it's failing. Have the boxes on front & rear, top or bottom, make it hard to tick the wrong box...........

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Reading this thread is like reading my mailbox on Wednesday when people who ordered something on Sunday night are moaning it hasn't arrived and demanding their "Free Postage" is refunded! Or they are off on holiday in ten minutes if it is not here by then I want my money back. Or I have taken a day off work it hasn't arrived you owe me a days pay. Or it was for a Birthday present on Tuesday I want a refund. Then you have the I never received crew who some might be telling the truth but experience will tell me that some see an opportunity to freeload! In fact Royal Mail even have a blacklist.

Please take time not to batter the poor sod on the other end of the phone\email who is in-between you and the courier!!

Also bear in mind even the worst of the carriers hit 98%+ on time delivery.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Yes, and I am demanding a cheaper Ferrari, but they are not supplying me with one.
But if enough of us do, they will.

Right now, (despite your wishes) there is no demand for a CHEAP Ferrari, a cheap Ferrara would not be aspirational, desirable, exclusive or sexy. If you want a cheap car that is not desirable, aspirational or sexy, you have many other manufacturer to choose from (many of whom try to shift their brand by producing a desirable and sexy model...and it's never cheap because cheap isn't exclusive) If there were sufficient demand, you can bet your euros that tha Ferrari would produce one.

One day, if laws change and autonomous vehicles become common place, you will find Ferrari making family hatchbacks...then your dreams will come true.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
That's not always true though. I recently bought a new bed online from John Lewis. As it happens I am at home a lot of the time, but if I'd had a full-time job I would have had to take a half day, at least, off work to be at home for the promised delivery. Which, incidentally, didn't happen - and almost didn't happen again the following day. That severely dented my idea that making a large purchase from the likes of John Lewis (which is a first for me) would guarantee good service. Not every home delivery is a result of 'laziness'.
Sure but most are.

I have a friend who is disabled and relies heavily on home delivery, it changes her life.

But I also have many other friends and folk I know who demand it in the way that I describe.

Let me ask you, did you pick bed online, or did you go to a store and try it out first, then opt for home delivery? If so you weren't being lazy at all, just arranging delivery, which would need to be sorted either way.

Gert Lush

"Happening a lot" would surely lead to somebody looking at the system, it's failing. Have the boxes on front & rear, top or bottom, make it hard to tick the wrong box...........

There's different cards now for delivering to neighbour on.

mustang1

Legendary Member
But if enough of us do, they will.

Right now, (despite your wishes) there is no demand for a CHEAP Ferrari
, a cheap Ferrara would not be aspirational, desirable, exclusive or sexy. If you want a cheap car that is not desirable, aspirational or sexy, you have many other manufacturer to choose from (many of whom try to shift their brand by producing a desirable and sexy model...and it's never cheap because cheap isn't exclusive) If there were sufficient demand, you can bet your euros that tha Ferrari would produce one.

One day, if laws change and autonomous vehicles become common place, you will find Ferrari making family hatchbacks...then your dreams will come true.

I could find one meeeelliion people (without even trying) who want a cheap Ferrari. It is FERRARI who do not want to sell their cars cheap (for the reasons you mention and I see theirs and your point), and they are the supplier!

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I could find one meeeelliion people (without even trying) who want a cheap Ferrari. It is FERRARI who do not want to sell their cars cheap (for the reasons you mention and I see theirs and your point), and they are the supplier!
The best selling car in the entire world only shifts 1.02 million models ...if you can find that many people without even trying ,then you are in the wrong business

Freds Dad

Veteran
I seem to get differing standards of delivery depending on the company delivering.
RM will leave with a neighbour and put a card through my door
Parcelforce take the parcel to a local Post Office as it needs a signature and a neighbours signature isn't sufficent.
Yodel, DPL and other leave with neighbours and whoever Amazon use leave it at the local newsagent where they have a large cabinet that you enter a code into and a door opens with to reveal your parcel.

I've never had anything left in a wheely bin or thrown into the garden. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The best selling car in the entire world only shifts 1.02 million models ...if you can find that many people without even trying ,then you are in the wrong business

There are 7.3 billion people in the world. I could find 1 million who would like a cheap Ferrari, regardless of how many models are sold of a certain type.

Top Bottom