Courier employees??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can you claim back the £48.5 million next day delivery fee from Amazon for an oxygen tank if it gets lost or whatever on the way to the International Space Station? Probly left with a neighbor so would actually have to land on the moon to click and collect.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
[QUOTE 4357222, member: 45"]I'd you've not signed for a parcel and find it on your doorstep, what's stopping you calling the company and saying the parcel hasn't been delivered?[/QUOTE]

Nothing but I'm an honest person and don't want to get anyone in trouble for not doing their job. I expect him to do his job properly but importantly I just want my goods

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4357222, member: 45"]I'd you've not signed for a parcel and find it on your doorstep, what's stopping you calling the company and saying the parcel hasn't been delivered?[/QUOTE]

the same thing that stops you shoplifting, doing a runner fro a restaurant, o breaking into your neighbours' homes

rivers

How far can I go?
I try to have as many parcels delivered to work as I can. I live in a flat and I don't trust my neighbour.

Lonestar

Veteran
Globalti is right, when I ran a business I used to use couriers every day, even big company drivers with "good" conditions, a secure job and a regular salary were some of the most stressed out people I've ever met. For the current day "associates" using their own vehicles and struggling to earn the minimum wage, you can multiply that stress many times. Their payers will no doubt have terms and conditions by which their drivers must abide by, in reality they'll put them under such intense pressure that they can't comply, it's a terrible industry, dangerous too, as cyclists we can't now recognise courier vehicles and go into high alert mode.

Not complaining but now I try for click and collect all the time.I don't want to hassle my neighbours and there never seems to be a time when I catch the courier...I have a real art of missing them as they come round generally when I'm at work.It's a shame there isn't a better system when you could actually arrange a time instead of a random delivery/

Bit like a recent hospital appointment I had.Hospital sent me a text saying they cancelled it and rearranged for a week later only for the fact I couldn't make it as I'm working.Surprise,surprise.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I had a delivery today and the courier wants me to phone him about parcel going awol but don't think it'd appropriate since I've informed the company and the bike shop on ordered it from.

This time he left with a neighbour as instructed via a phone call

U

User32269

I have been a delivery driver in the past and it can be a complete nightmare!
100+ parcels to drop, and you also have collections to make at specified times as the van empties. It's a hard job.
Given the amount of variables during your average day, it is nigh on impossible to give specific times for delivery.
I would always try hard to leave packages with neighbours and post a card. Drivers who return to the depot with lots of failed deliveries, or worse didn't have room for their collections, wouldn't last long.
It's like a lot of jobs, looks simple to those who don't have to do it.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
I have been a delivery driver in the past and it can be a complete nightmare!
100+ parcels to drop, and you also have collections to make at specified times as the van empties. It's a hard job.
Given the amount of variables during your average day, it is nigh on impossible to give specific times for delivery.
I would always try hard to leave packages with neighbours and post a card. Drivers who return to the depot with lots of failed deliveries, or worse didn't have room for their collections, wouldn't last long.
It's like a lot of jobs, looks simple to those who don't have to do it.

I'm not saying it's an easy job but would you of left a parcel in a garden with no card?

That's my complaint

U

User32269

I'm not saying it's an easy job but would you of left a parcel in a garden with no card?

That's my complaint
No, I wouldn't.
Point was aimed more at people expressing the desire for getting deliveries at a specified times.

classic33

Leg End Member
You could always go to the shop yourself and just buy it.

Do you not think that we are all being far too demanding. We complain about corruption, environmental impact, social values and yet we want everything, yesterday, for half the price, delivered at our convenience with a lovely bag of sweets to boot

How do we expect firms to maintain costs under those sorts of demands...without something having to give?
What's it cost the company to cover an item that goes missing, and as a result requires replacement.

A Royal Mail habit is to put parcels in wheelie bins. Neighbour lost two iPads after such a delivery on bin day.

OP
OP
Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander

Veteran
No, I wouldn't.
Point was aimed more at people expressing the desire for getting deliveries at a specified times.

Yeah think its a lot more complex that just driving around and dropping parcels off, my mate does it and has a go at me all the time if I'm not in as it causes problems but i can't take time off work every time I get a parcel and my work is funny about personal items.

Luckily courier company and bike company have been understanding and sending a replacement out next week.

U

User32269

Yeah think its a lot more complex that just driving around and dropping parcels off, my mate does it and has a go at me all the time if I'm not in as it causes problems but i can't take time off work every time I get a parcel and my work is funny about personal items.

Luckily courier company and bike company have been understanding and sending a replacement out next week.
Pleased your getting replacement.

Everybody wants things yesterday at the cheapest price possible. When it comes to the delivery, rather than pay a realistic price - and a realistic wage to a professional courier - it's a race to the bottom. Big Eric with his Astra estate crammed full of your expensive goodies is cheap...but....

e-rider

crappy member
Yeah, worse in my experience, I opened my front door just as a postie was pushing through my letterbox a "Sorry you were out" card, that made for an interesting conversation...............
I did some temp work for RM some years ago - in my bag of mail were loads of 'sorry you were out cards' pre-addressed - I just delivered them with the rest of the mail - no attempt was made to deliver the parcels
Also, at the beginning I was paid for the hours I worked delivering mail, but it didn't take long before they started paying me for the hours they thought it should have taken me to deliver the mail e.g I spent 5 hours delivering mail - they paid me 3 hours! So I quit!

Top Bottom