Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More bad news - Electron have confirmed the bracket is discontinued.:sad:

I dont suppose anyone that has one already could measure the screw length/diameter for me, may help in bodging an alternative together.

Cubist

Still wavin'
well mine is still in packaging, just about to enquire about an update in what is happening with it???!!

ok update mine will be moving to delivery in next 24hrs, dunno how big an operation Dealetreme is or how big the UK warehouse is but have to say I`m a wee bit nervous of this order??

No need to be nervous. They are a big outfit with plenty of good reputation. The only issue here is the length of time the order is taking.

Its paid via Paypal anyway, I have had refunds directly from them before for non arrival of goods so happy to sit and wait the 2-3 weeks it may take....

Col5632

Guru
I have read most of this thread but cant decide what lights to get :blush: Looking to spend no more than £50 really and i only have one unlit road to cycle along in my commute sadly it is the slowest longest part of the commute, i had looked at the cateye EL530 but dont know if it will just drain batteries and turn out to be a waste of money :wacko:

Downward

Guru
I have read most of this thread but cant decide what lights to get :blush: Looking to spend no more than £50 really and i only have one unlit road to cycle along in my commute sadly it is the slowest longest part of the commute, i had looked at the cateye EL530 but dont know if it will just drain batteries and turn out to be a waste of money :wacko:

Just had this delivered - £40 (with free rear light which is crap !) Good job the front light is bright as though.
From Amazon
http://now-order-cheap.co.uk/?id=B004FEL7Y0

SC-P7 LED Max 1200Lm Headlamp /Bicycle Light:CREE XM-L T6 LED Light unit -Can be used as Headlamp or Bicycie Light ;Model of LED: SSC-P7 LED ;Output bright can come to max 1200 lumens [lm] ;Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent. ;Waterproofing design ;Aluminum alloy casing ;Aluminum alloy reflector ;3 switch Mode: Strong Brightness / Normal Brightness / Flashing ;100v-240v Battery Charger ( LED indication for Power On / Charging / Full charge ) ;Model of Battery required: 1 x 8.4v Li-ion Battery Pack(included) ;Colour : Black ;Dimension : 43mm ;Weight : 118g . Rear Light:5 ultra bright red LEDs.;Waterproof. ;5 LED flashing modes (IC control). ;Belt clip at the back of rear light. ;Quick release bracket. ;Long lasting lighting up to 100 hours for 2 x AAA alkaline batteries(not included). Package Content 100% Brand New 1 x SSC-P7 Light unit ( Can be used as Headlamp or Bicycie Light ) 1 x 5-LEDs Rear Flashlight 1 x Adjustable headband 2 x Rubber ring for installation 1 x 8.4v Li-ion Battery Pack 1 x Charger (100v-240v) 1 x Plug Adaptor to suit your Country

51PCM2KhATL.jpg

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well my status has changed to waiting on supplier which was not what was intimated after my online chat so this 1-3 day delivery is a bit of misnomer unless tey hve stock. If they are a big outfit then I think they need to have stock updates online so atleast we can ten make an informed decision. At this rate maybe ordering from Honk Kong would be quicker :tongue:

That seems to be their normal process. Mine (from thursday last week) went to packaging on Monday, then back to Order Received yesterday, to Express Order Received and back to packaging today. So looks like you're right on target, Mr G.

State diagram
Order Received->Packaging->Order Received->Packaging->[hopefully]Shipped->Delivered.

(I'll be very annoyed if yours arrives before mine)

Col5632

Guru
Just had this delivered - £40 (with free rear light which is crap !) Good job the front light is bright as though.
From Amazon
http://now-order-che.../?id=B004FEL7Y0

SC-P7 LED Max 1200Lm Headlamp /Bicycle Light:CREE XM-L T6 LED Light unit -Can be used as Headlamp or Bicycie Light ;Model of LED: SSC-P7 LED ;Output bright can come to max 1200 lumens [lm] ;Internal wiring applies the high efficient booster circuit, working voltage is wide and can utilize the batteries in the largest extent. ;Waterproofing design ;Aluminum alloy casing ;Aluminum alloy reflector ;3 switch Mode: Strong Brightness / Normal Brightness / Flashing ;100v-240v Battery Charger ( LED indication for Power On / Charging / Full charge ) ;Model of Battery required: 1 x 8.4v Li-ion Battery Pack(included) ;Colour : Black ;Dimension : 43mm ;Weight : 118g . Rear Light:5 ultra bright red LEDs.;Waterproof. ;5 LED flashing modes (IC control). ;Belt clip at the back of rear light. ;Quick release bracket. ;Long lasting lighting up to 100 hours for 2 x AAA alkaline batteries(not included). Package Content 100% Brand New 1 x SSC-P7 Light unit ( Can be used as Headlamp or Bicycie Light ) 1 x 5-LEDs Rear Flashlight 1 x Adjustable headband 2 x Rubber ring for installation 1 x 8.4v Li-ion Battery Pack 1 x Charger (100v-240v) 1 x Plug Adaptor to suit your Country

51PCM2KhATL.jpg

That looks like the business :smile: seems cheap enough too :smile: one review said about the brackets etc being rubbish?

Im guessing it would come with a UK plug if requested?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
That looks like the business :smile: seems cheap enough too :smile: one review said about the brackets etc being rubbish?

Looks the same light as supplied from DX, they even sell the same rear light separately.The bracket is only the rubber rings all these lights come with and as discussed on here you can mod them very easily or mount the light upside down, if they were trying to stick in on really thin bars it could be a little loose( i know my cheap MTB has really thin bars )

Downward

Guru

Yeah mine comes with the UK plug.

Bracket is the old O Rings - Same as my £120 GPS and that's about the same weight and has never fallen off. Only thing is quick release.

I do have a bracket from an Old light though which could be screwed onto in and onto the handlebars - Again this wouldn't be quick release. The only concern for me is I have it in a Folder and don't want the light damaged

Wobblers

Euthermic
I ordered from HK three weeks ago. Allegedly its been posted. I wonder which will show up first: mine from Hong Kong or yours from UK???:whistle:

Well, it arrived this morning! Even better, it works! I've not road tested it yet (obviously! It's sunny outside!) but it is definitely bright. Even low seems to throw out a good deal of light. The strobe mode is so unpleasant it's effectively unusable - unless you want to induce an epileptic fit!

Construction seems to be reasonable, though I've not yet taken a look inside the light head. I'm not too sure that it's particularly waterproof though. The battery certainly isn't: it's four 18650 Li-ion cells enclosed by plastic with cardboard ends. I'd keep that in a plastic bag for water resistance. The plug connectors are compatible with my Magicshine 818, which is a bonus. It means I'll be able to swap batteries and light heads around at will.

Top Bottom