Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Well my status has changed to waiting on supplier which was not what was intimated after my online chat so this 1-3 day delivery is a bit of misnomer unless tey hve stock. If they are a big outfit then I think they need to have stock updates online so atleast we can ten make an informed decision. At this rate maybe ordering from Honk Kong would be quicker :tongue:

So did mine today. I did email Customer Services yesterday - let's see what they say about what's going on come Monday!

Cubist

Still wavin'
Admin, can you rename this thread to "The Magicshine Tribute and Postal Delivery thereof" , it's rumoured there are other lights on the market
rolleyes.gif

Yes, as long as you are prepared to spend more money for less light!

Maz

Guru
Hang on, Hang on.
I see many of you are buyin from DealExteme...they are based in the Far East, Hong Kong/China, right?
I thought most people would have sense not to order from dodgy faraway companies, or is DealExtreme an exception to this?

Downward

Guru
Hang on, Hang on.
I see many of you are buyin from DealExteme...they are based in the Far East, Hong Kong/China, right?
I thought most people would have sense not to order from dodgy faraway companies, or is DealExtreme an exception to this?

Dunno I have ordered about 4 things from there and all arrived 3-5 weeks later.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hang on, Hang on.

I have had numerous things from DX and they have always delivered and the one item that did arrive faulty was refunded, not an expensive item so i was more concerned about a refund than a replacement as to send it back would have cost me half as much as it cost altogether.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I would normaly be wary of ordering anything off a dodgy far eastern site that I had never heard off, But I have numerous friends who had alreday used the site, I ordered my lighst after a friend raved about theirs

Cubist

Still wavin'
So far I have bought three items from the site, and two friends have bought two or three things each. I do not have a problem with them in general. I have a feeling they have told a porky or two about the stock levels of the T6.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
So far I have bought three items fro teh site, and two friends have bought two or three things each. I do not have a problem with them in general. I have a feeling they have told a porky or two about the stock levels of the T6.

Or cycle chat have taken the entire stock :smile:

albion

Guru
I recently bought one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2565f5b660
It's cheap, bright, comes with 2 rechargeable batteries and a charger. The only problem is that it needs mounting. I had a spare camera mount which was perfect
I've got the next model, the WF-502B. Yet for road use I have that Lidl 3W LED.

But after a slightly unscheduled night ride last night I now going to take two lamps some am also ready for off-road.

If you test the WF-501\b in a room you will notice centre top as too strong and dangerous for on-road use. I've even fitted a hood from inner tube to alleviate some throw but I don't quite trust that drivers won't be blinded.

roadrunner20

I have the following and find it very good atm, using on the river lee and country roads

Front: same as the one you getting, the T6 Cree XML 1200lumens.

This is the best LED light bulb avalible currently but is more "spotty" than a P7 bulb light, so isnt flood...though saying it, it does break out quite a lot and is quite bright around the edges, though i wouldnt trail bike on it lol.

Back: Blackburn 3, not 4..
The blackburn 3 is far better than the blackburn 4, and the reviews seem to back this up with the quality of the light being a lot better and brighter.
I have found it to be very bright and 150 hours run time on flashing :smile:

My T6 took around 3ish weeks to arrive, but when it did it came in a secure box with plenty of protection so was pleased with that..

though i been told they tend to not last long, so will update if need be:P

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
road.cc have a mass test of lights on their site and apparently will be updating it as an when. nice little comparison tool as well.

DonnyDarko

This one... Light was waiting for me on my doorstep when I got home today, It's advertsied as 1200 lumens, but the box says 900 :sad:
It's ready charged & I shut myself in the understair cupborad to see just how brigh it was.. Its BRIGHT!
But one teeny prob, it has a 2 pin plug, which yes I know it says that in the listing & yes, I have a 2 pin plug adapter..But the pins on it are flat not round..So far i've been to 4 shops & no-one sells the adapter I need!!

Tried a shaver plug adapter on 240v?
Just a guess. My shaver adapter is both European (round pins) and shaver style (flat pins) but can switch from 110 to 240 too. Can't remember what problem I had similar to your one that wasn't light-related but I'm sure I had the same problem and had this plug adapter for ages but never thought about it until I got it out for a new shaver the Mrs bought me one time. I think it was a trickle charger I bought of fleebay for an old car I don't use much or something.

Top Bottom