Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
An Asda shaver adapter certainly works.It has near semi-circle shaped slots which may be standard these days.The 18650 charger I bought came with a shaver adapter.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
My order's changed back to packaging in the Dealextreme Order Status Hokey Cokey!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
same here lets see what happens next!

I got an email from them today too, in response to my query:

A staff has added a solution to your request.Dear customer

We apologize for this delay in the delivery process. And we’d like to tell you that the item you ordered is in stock now and it will be shipped soon. Pls don’t worry and wait a few more days.

We've informed our warehouse to follow up your order and speed up the shipment, and you will get notified by email when shipment leaves for you.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions pls feel free to let us know.

Best regards

I somehow don't believe the bit about them contacting the warehouse & asking them to speed up the shipment... :whistle:

I somehow don't believe the bit about them contacting the warehouse & asking them to speed up the shipment... :whistle:

I'm starting to hate deal extreme.

Thanks for contacting us. An operator will be with you shortly...

[Me] /I was told last friday morning that my order xxxxx would be dispatch with 3 working days. It's been nearly two weeks and it's still in packaging. When can I expect it to be dispatched
[Maye] Welcome to DealExtreme, what can I do for you?
[Maye] since it's packing
[Maye] from Oct 21
[Maye] usually we pack it this Monday
[Maye] after 1-3 working dyas for packing
[Maye] so it should be shipped very soon
[Me] i placed the order on the 13 OCtober
[Me] it went to packing for days then back to order received last friday
[Me] it's been realluy messed up. it wlll be two weeks tomorrow and packaging twice
[Maye] it should be shipped tomorrow
[Maye] don't worry
[Me] i was told it would be shiipped by yesterday last week.
[Me] what's going wrong there?
[Maye] no
[Maye] it should be ok
[Me] That's what I was told on friday morning ... what makes you sure you are right this time?
[Maye] because there always be some delay for packing
[Maye] be ok finally
[Me] but I've had that delay. It went to packaging intially on the 17th of october.
[Me] so you woud have said exactly the same thing last wednesday, and then it went back to order received.
[Maye] we pack it since Oct 21
[Maye] actually should be Oct 24
[Me] no, it was in packing a week before that/
[Me] and then the order status changed back to "order received"
[Maye] skip the weekend
[Maye] it will be shipped tomorrow
[Maye] if it won't shipped
[Maye] please contact us again
[Me] no ... the order was placed when to waiting for suppler then to packaging then back to order received;
[Me] it shouuld say status changed to packaging on the 17 because that is when it first happened.
[Me] the 21 is when everything went wrong with the order
[Maye] then we speed up it after you contact us at the first time
[Maye] then we pack it again
[Me] that doesn't make any sense. It hasn't speed up, as you say it is normally 3 days in packing (business days) and now you are telling me 5.
[Me] actually, on your website it says 1-2 days in packing
[Maye] there always some delay in packing
[Maye] so I said it should be shipped very soon
[Maye] may be today or tomorrow

Alexvs

As above I've just got off talking to someone on their live chat and they said they'll go away and check for an update, came back and said it will ship in 72 hours and then can take up to 14 days from shipment :ohmy: I then asked why as it was ordered from the UK warehouse and I live in the UK to which she said, oh you live in the UK? I should then allow for upto 5 days or maybe sooner.

Sounds like they feed everyone the same so my expectations aren't too high. Conveniently 72 (working) hours will take it to Monday again so will make it 3 weeks of packaging. Think I'll stick with actual UK suppliers in future as would've had the equivalent light off ebay for a few pound more delivered by now.

JonnyRat

Regular
Took mine 2 weeks and 2 days to arrive from Hong Kong.
come on folks let us potential buyers know the score :smile: They have a UK warehouse now so I assume that means much shorter delivery.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I`m starting to think I should of ordered from HK instead of UK :tongue: Probably be quicker! Think i`ll go on live chat and ask what the score is.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Hmm just nosing at my order and thought I`d read the detail again, I think any internet company should at very least let you see what stock they actually have and then we can decide where to order from. My own suspicion is that we would of been better ordering from HK as the UK clearly had very little stock wise. Anyway the Livechat is bollox two nights on the trot and not a peep from CS person.

We highly recommend that you purchase the UK warehouse items separately from other items. This will be the fastest way to receive the UK warehouse items. Under the circumstance that our UK warehouse does not bear enough inventory, our customer service may contact you and shift your order to ship from HK. You will also get free gift cards as compensation.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Fenix TK35

Tooting Bec Common

Exposure 1 sec
Aperture f/3.5
Focal Length 18 mm
ISO Speed 200

Sorry could not be bothered with a control shot!

6286577385_8bf29dbce0.jpg

Hmm just nosing at my order and thought I`d read the detail again, I think any internet company should at very least let you see what stock they actually have and then we can decide where to order from. My own suspicion is that we would of been better ordering from HK as the UK clearly had very little stock wise. Anyway the Livechat is bollox two nights on the trot and not a peep from CS person.

They're asleep. You need to do it in the morning, uk time, eg
http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html?iso=20111027&p1=136&p2=102

But it's not worth it. On Friday I was told it would be shipped by Tuesday, and on Wednesday that it would be shipped by today. Still in packaging.

Should I just get a magicshine? Or a lupine?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
At the end of the day its £30, the lupine is far far more. The MS seems like a decent option but where you going to buy from, UK sellers are alot more expensive in some cases? The other morning their I caught up with a guy on the morning commute, he had a Lumicycle Light, its was bright albeit spotty but £300+ !!!!

Top Bottom