Any (of the old f*rts) remember Cherry B?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Let us know what it tastes like would you .
Reminded me of a time I came across a drunk. It was winter and he was lying on the pavement, totally out of it. I phoned for an ambulance and when they arrived they knew him. They told me " if you drank what he does you would be dead". They told me he drank liquid shoe polish :eek:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I used to mix it with Special Brew.

I also used to mix it with Merrydown.

Just the thought of the above has further reinforced my resolve for Dry January.
WoW....special brew. Whats that....11% or something close.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
WoW....special brew. Whats that....11% or something close.

8% in 440ml cans these days. Used to be 9% in 500ml cans.

"Tramp's p*ss", it was fondly called.

Merrydown was 8.2% in those days. I used to use the silver label one as I preferred the dry taste.

Can't believe I used to drink this stuff. It really was just a vehicle to get drunk in the shortest possible time.

I'm seriously contemplating giving up forever. Not because I'm in danger of alcoholism (despite what this post might indicate!), or for any health reason (other than a desire to lose weight), but just because I really don't miss it that much.

I might have changed my mind next month, like.

D

Deleted member 26715

White Lightning, Cider was cheap but White Lightning was even cheaper

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I once had a long session on Newcastle Brown with Barley Wine chasers.

Can't remember much about it to be honest.^_^
A tip for any Stella Artois (UK draught version) drinkers out there; intersperse every three pints of Stella with one bottle of Newky Brown, drank from a half pint glass.

Something, and I don't know what, in the Newky Brown counteracts whatever it is in the Stella which causes the distinctive "just above the eyebrows" headache the next morning. You still feel tired and crap if you've had loads, but that searing ache is absent.

I discovered this quite by accident one evening in Maranto's in Lark Lane, Liverpool.

wonderloaf

Veteran
My parents' parties were never without Cherry B, Advocaat, Rum & blackcurrant, Mackeson and Double Diamond.

The food always included the obligatory cheese & pineapple hedgehog!
You forgot the Party 4's or Party 7's. :cheers:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
First beer I ever tasted, around 1966, and the first I can remember being in a can.

s-l1000.jpg

Do they still make it? Not that I'd want any. xx(

Top Bottom