All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
dan_bo said:
Last call for riders people! I'll be booking in a few days!

Before you do that can you give us a recap of the list (i.e. quantity) of riders and the session time and amount of time allocated per rider etc please ... it all seemed to get a bit flaky with some of the messages back and forth:biggrin:

Thanks

Rob

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Hokay, to reiterate:

there's 21 riders in so far

And its a two hour coached group sesh on 30th may 1-3pm.

Most people should be able to get the exact bike size they requested (they've given us what quantity of what sizes they have) and if there's not enough, say, 56's i'll go 1cm down. I'm hoping that's OK with everybody- I can't see it ruining anyone's afternoon myself. If anyone's that fussy they can use my personal bike and i'll go one smaller. If anyone has a prob. with that let me know.

Cost?

£164/track, 44.25/coach=£208.25 call it a tenner each(subject to change for more riders/drop-outs)

Bike hire £9.30

Shoe hire £4.00

That what you're after Rob?

I'll post all participants' details when this has been finalised.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I think Rob was after a list of who's coming - just so people can check they're on it when they should be etc.

I know I originally asked for 4 places but then changed it to 2 as 2 were doing a triathlon that day... just to help ensure that we actually *do* have the 21.

Of course you may hve given everything that Rob wanted and I'm talking sh*te... has been known to happen some times. :evil::biggrin:

robgul

Legendary Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I think Rob was after a list of who's coming - just so people can check they're on it when they should be etc.

I know I originally asked for 4 places but then changed it to 2 as 2 were doing a triathlon that day... just to help ensure that we actually *do* have the 21.

Of course you may hve given everything that Rob wanted and I'm talking sh*te... has been known to happen some times. :evil::biggrin:

Exactly!

... and to respond to the other message - I am "track only" for cost with own shoes and own track iron.

(Also - don't waste your time getting shoe sizes for the renters - sizes that they have bear no relationship with people's sizes - just sort them out on the day - the ladies on the counter at the velodrome are very helpful)

Finally - don't forget that helmets are compulsory ... you can rent these too.

Rob

Landslide

Rare Migrant
robgul said:
(Also - don't waste your time getting shoe sizes for the renters - sizes that they have bear no relationship with people's sizes - just sort them out on the day - the ladies on the counter at the velodrome are very helpful)

Do you know if there's any choice as to type of cleats (i.e. floaty/non-floaty)?

robgul

Legendary Member
Landslide said:
Do you know if there's any choice as to type of cleats (i.e. floaty/non-floaty)?

They just have shoes with cleats that work with the pedals - that's it! IIRC they are Red Look cleats, whichever sort they are!

Just for clarity .... the hire bikes also have the option of being fitted with toe-clip adaptors so that riders can use non-cleated shoes or trainers

I would suggest that for first time track riders, if you are not used to riding with cleated shoes then go for the toe-clip option ... to master 2 alien things for the first time : a fixed wheel bike with no brakes AND cleated shoes attached to the pedals - may be a challenge

Rob

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
As if by Magic, Rob, I have in my hand a piece of paper! Last couple of names have come in...........(Handle/bikesize).

RobGul no bike
Landslide 57

Me no bike accompanied by
Ben Green

Colly 53
Bokonon
Cheadle Hulme 58
MondoBongo 56
Yenbo 54
Young 'un 56

Longers 56 accompanied by
Tony armstrong 56
Dave Meadwell 56
Lex Thompson 58

Fossy 56
Frustuck 58

SharkyBloke 56 accompanied by
Martin Nash 53

Will1985 53
RedBike 55

Trio25 51 accompanied by
Ms. Mitchelmore 56

Phew!

Any mistakes/ amendments please PM me!Now is THAT what you was after?!? ;)

If anybody wants shoes ordering you can either give me a shout BY MONDAY 4th MAY or by turning up and asking for them. They have a good range in stock and it's not usually a problem, so I have been told.

Will1985

Über Member
Cleats-wise, they are red Look Deltas. I've got 2 spare pairs of Specialized shoes size 44 and a spare set of cleats if anyone wants to borrow to save hiring shoes.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Will1985 said:
Cleats-wise, they are red Look Deltas. I've got 2 spare pairs of Specialized shoes size 44 and a spare set of cleats if anyone wants to borrow to save hiring shoes.
That'd be right handy for me if it's no problem for you. I wear Specialized shoes already, but use SPD cleats... but am a size 44.

Also, Fossyant seems to be on the list twice (as his username and real life alter-ego).

Top Bottom