All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Sh4rkyBloke said:
That'd be right handy for me if it's no problem for you. I wear Specialized shoes already, but use SPD cleats... but am a size 44.

Also, Fossyant seems to be on the list twice (as his username and real life alter-ego).

Oh aye. sorted.

robgul

Legendary Member
I hate to be pedantic about all this (and haven't read back through all the thread) BUT there now seem to be about 24 people - assuming they all turn up.

The track has a rule (strictly enforced when we have been there 4 or 5 times recently) for a max of 15 on the track at any one time

... that means with the numbers that the "time per rider" is only part of the 2 hour session.

Rob

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
robgul said:
I hate to be pedantic about all this (and haven't read back through all the thread) BUT there now seem to be about 24 people - assuming they all turn up.

The track has a rule (strictly enforced when we have been there 4 or 5 times recently) for a max of 15 on the track at any one time

... that means with the numbers that the "time per rider" is only part of the 2 hour session.

Rob

That's a fair point Rob, I've just spoken to the velodrome and according to Bob the track managing chap, the maximum number of EXPERIENCED (not necessarily Pink slipped, but experienced on the track, riding in bunch)riders on the track is 25. Inexperienced/ mixed ability group riders are limited to 16 for obvious reasons, so no you're right nobody will get the full two hours track riding time. But I think we knew that in the first place. I've been to private sessions with >30 riders and still had an enjoyable session.

At this point, I would like to call a halt to any further additions to the rider list so we can get as much track fun in as possible!

The coach, by the way, will be Mr. Paul West, who is a/. a thoroughly nice chap and b/. a bit of an interval sadist.

Young Un

dan_bo said:
That's a fair point Rob, I've just spoken to the velodrome and according to Bob the track managing chap, the maximum number of EXPERIENCED (not necessarily Pink slipped, but experienced on the track, riding in bunch)riders on the track is 25. Inexperienced/ mixed ability group riders are limited to 16 for obvious reasons, so no you're right nobody will get the full two hours track riding time. But I think we knew that in the first place. I've been to private sessions with >30 riders and still had an enjoyable session.

At this point, I would like to call a halt to any further additions to the rider list so we can get as much track fun in as possible!

The coach, by the way, will be Mr. Paul West, who is a/. a thoroughly nice chap and b/. a bit of an interval sadist.

Intervals Rule:biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
This sounds like it could be fun, just a shame I don't live up in the NW.

Remember to take lots of photos (especially if someone falls :sad: ) and post them in here, along with times if your doing that.

And if you do see Victoria Pendleton, then you can pass along my email address and PM me the hi-res photos :smile:

Top Bottom