All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

a_n_t

robgul said:
The bike fleet is now mainly quite smart Dolans - and a in a good range of sizes.

B) yep, nice and quite new!

anttrack.jpg

trio25

Über Member
There some very experienced people here....I've been on about three times, loved it though!

Christopher

Über Member
Do the new Dolans have alu frames? I had been using a steel Peugeot hire track bike at the velodrome, lovely bike

And longers, if you go around the track like you climb hills, my friend, I will be filling your rims with lead. As for Fossy, we should make him ride a BMX bike to even things up...

longers

Legendary Member
It sounds like there will be a mix of experienced riders and complete novices, I'm including myself and my guests in the last category.

Will this cause any problems?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You'll be fine - I've only ridden it once...... just don't go slow on the banking.... one lad did and slipped off, just as a load of us were motoring round...... bikes everywhere - we managed to miss him. There is something really 'weird' about riding a bike at first storey height, and you can look down on riders......

My first time, was also first time on a fixed.... it's fine.... It's also brill using the banking to increase sprint speed..... they will have us all do a 1 lap sprint - you'll want to be going flat out at the bend before the line, then swoop down for the full speed.... too many folk sprint from the line.....

Young Un

I've gone from not being able to get on the track at all, to this:

March 1st - two hours at newport
April 8th - two hours at manchester
May 30th - cycle chat at manchester.

;):biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Cant Wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

fossyant said:
My first time, was also first time on a fixed.... it's fine.... It's also brill using the banking to increase sprint speed..... they will have us all do a 1 lap sprint - you'll want to be going flat out at the bend before the line, then swoop down for the full speed.... too many folk sprint from the line.....

Come on then, embarrass us all, what was your time for the lap?

20(ish) secs for me on a flying lap. Didn't like the fidgety geometry of the hired bike when I was trying to really go for it though.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
cheadle hulme said:
Come on then, embarrass us all, what was your time for the lap?

20(ish) secs for me on a flying lap. Didn't like the fidgety geometry of the hired bike when I was trying to really go for it though.

They didn't do that when I was last on - over 10 years ago...all this stuff saying I am fast.....:biggrin: there are some folk on here that have done way more track riding than I have...... fast on the road, hmm maybe.....;)

I used to TT mainly, did some road racing - not much...too scared of battering Frank....:wacko:

Top Bottom