Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
A school at the end of my road is currently being demolished. It must have originally been a single storey building because you can now see where it's been extended above a window in the bell tower.

Badger_Boom

Veteran
Popular with the Rolling Stones and The Beatles members I believe. Not only them, but many 'pop groups' in the early to mid 1960's wore them.
The term is still used in the specification for issued cavalry George boots.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The cardboard price labels on the shelves at my local Aldi are not cardboard price labels!

I was looking at one this afternoon when it suddenly (literally) went on the blink. I realised that they are all actually small LCD screens!

It makes sense but it came as a surprise to me.

I repaired the display for them - I tapped the display a couple of times and it came back to life.

Gwylan

Veteran
The cardboard price labels on the shelves at my local Aldi are not cardboard price labels!

I was looking at one this afternoon when it suddenly (literally) went on the blink. I realised that they are all actually small LCD screens!

I repaired the display for them - I tapped the display a couple of times and it came back to life.

They are live, very freaky bit of the '?sphere. By the way they, and other supermarkets, monitor or map your progress around the store.

Gwylan

Veteran
Apparently, Ibiza is one of the Balearic Islands. I always thought it was a Greek destination.

Obviously, I’ve never been

Oh dear. You must have been at woodwork

I was excluded from woodwork. I was left handed and spoilt the total look of the class. Mr Kenworthy wrapped it up but that was the thrust of it. I was totally crap at it too.

ExBrit

Über Member

If you'd had a Sharpie with you, you could have fixed it by writing the price on the label. I'm sure they would have appreciated that.

Gwylan

Veteran
I think you’re right. I failed geography but won the school woodworking prize

I avoided prizes of any sort. But I did achieve.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Jamie Lee Curtis looks like David Bowie in drag.

curtis.jpg

Top Bottom