Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The back door here has been catching ever since I first opened and closed it 8 years ago... Today, I thought I would finally see if I could sort it out! :whistle:

30 seconds later I had spotted holes in the flaps covering the hinge plates attached to the door. I quickly guessed that there would be something inside which could be turned to move the door in or out. It would be a Posidrive or Allen screw...

Shone torch beam into the hole... Allen screw.

I guessed the size... Got it second time.

Which way to adjust? Nope, that made it worse. Other way... Sorted!

Less than 5 minutes to fix something which bugged me for 8 years!

Then it struck me that YouTube is probably full of videos explaining how to do that... Ah, yes! :blush:

Yes I had similar and there are plenty of YT videos on it (and everything esle of course). My problem was that the doors weren't sealing properly. I always wondered why the house was so cold in the winter, but I sort of got used to it and put up with it for 5 years. Then my tenants moved in and asked me to sort it; tried to follow the videos but I didn't have any of the adjustment points that they were referring to, so I got a Door Dr in and it was sorted.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Really?
Ba k in the day I was one for poor taste jokes but don't recall them.

It was a take on his advert where he was shouting but inaudible behind the window because the soundproofing was so good. The joke teller mouths some words but the listener can't hear them. This is repeated a couple of times. The joke teller then mimes opening a window and shouts "Ted Moult's dead!". Hilarious.

We had to make our own entertainment in those days

albion

Guru
I took a few Magnums to the cricket Sunday in a food flask I bought a year or two ago.
Which then led me to try cooking noodles. That worked. Today it also worked a treat for cooking rice, the fluffy rice bonus being, nothing stuck.

Looking good for winter. Freshly cooked warming meal stops ahead/ready and waiting my ride return.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I had forgotten Ted Moult.
Ha died aged 60 by suicide.... he shot himself.
Not making light of his death, but how would he and other farmers have coped in these constantly peeing it down days. :unsure:

'Death. Ted Moult died by suicide by gunshot in 1986 after a period of depression after several weeks of wet weather that worried arable farmers. After a private funeral, his life was celebrated at a public ceremony in Derby Cathedral. He is buried at Ticknall churchyard'

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've been hearing the term 'turkey teeth' quite a lot lately. I've used a small t for the word turkey as I thought they meant the bird, not the country.:blush: I kept thinking "what are they on about, turkeys don't have teeth"!🤔 :unsure: Now I know.:whistle:

Top Bottom