A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Sorry Gunkers, I was having a right old mind fart! Yes, I remember that from waayyy back when, at least I remember the building.

That's the wootton fields estate now. Tidy enough but a bit crammed in and narrow for my liking.

There's a Spindle Close behind us, and I think that might be something to do with the abattoir?

You might recall the sheep breeders just down the road, the big place on rhe corner of the Quinton road that floods a lot? It's still there, but someone has applied to build houses on it. Presumably they'll be equipped with periscopes and life rafts.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I reported one who'd parked on the pavement and a zig-zag crossing at the weekend via Op Snap. They've got back to me stating they're following it up; I hadn't checked but the car appears un-taxed as well.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I've just parked up and saw my rear left side wheel slightly on the pavement. I'd normally get back in my car and roll it off the pavement, but I'd put my dog on the grass next to the pavement before I'd spotted my wheel on the pavement, so I didn't feel safe moving my car while he was near to the pavement. My question is, is my parking technically classed as pavement parking? 🤔 🧐

hc=DkaLk2uvUUYQ7kNvgFD8CGR&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

hc=vtTlmMIhv8sQ7kNvgFhgctJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've just parked up and saw my rear left side wheel slightly on the pavement. I'd normally get back in my car and roll it off the pavement, but I'd put my dog on the grass next to the pavement before I'd spotted my wheel on the pavement, so I didn't feel safe moving my car while he was near to the pavement. My question is, is my parking technically classed as pavement parking? 🤔 🧐

View attachment 740781

View attachment 740782

Yes, you should move it.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Alf protesting against pavement parking

alf.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Send the photo to the taxi licencing officer at the carncil. While it's nor an official public crossing with all the usual lights and markings it's still very obviously a crossing and the driver is very obviously taking the pith. Traditionally the licencing officers don't foxtrot about and the driver is liable to earn a serious rebuke at the very least.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Send the photo to the taxi licencing officer at the carncil. While it's nor an official public crossing with all the usual lights and markings it's still very obviously a crossing and the driver is very obviously taking the pith. Traditionally the licencing officers don't foxtrot about and the driver is liable to earn a serious rebuke at the very least.

Yes you've captured that perfectly, Reg plates, Private Hire Co, and Private Hire Plate with number, just double check if it's local, or a dodgy driver, licensed at an area with less stringent rules, Wolverhampton must be quite lax as you see loads round here

stephec

Squire
A taxi with Wolverhampton plates, what a surprise.

Although at least whilst its there it's not zigzaging between lanes and cutting people up, slamming it's brakes on for an unannounced u-turn, suddenly pulling up and mounting the pavement, or just being driven like a complete wankstain in general.

Top Bottom