A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was cycling and slowed to a stop as my first thought was this VW was about to turn right into a pub carpark.

I then realised there wasn't anyone in it and someone had just abandoned it on the road! You'd think who ever owned would have used the carpark provided or at least pulled it as far left as possible.

IMG_20240624_195424.jpg

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I was cycling and slowed to a stop as my first thought was this VW was about to turn right into a pub carpark.

I then realised there wasn't anyone in it and someone had just abandoned it on the road! You'd think who ever owned would have used the carpark provided or at least pulled it as far left as possible.

View attachment 735336

You expect no less from a VW "driver".

Last edited by a moderator:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_4892~2.JPG

Let's start July with a couple of muppets.
A road near my abode in Hamtun. Parked there for quite a while until I heard horns blaring as the road is used by trucks delivering to a new build estate.
I think the Honda was there first.....

PeteXXX

I know it well, I used to live on the main road just before the Boughton turn.

You wouldn't recognise the Windhover junction now!! Roundabout. Old A50 closed. New houses being built up to, nearly, the Firs & C Brampton!

Gunk

Guru
You wouldn't recognise the Windhover junction now!! Roundabout. Old A50 closed. New houses being built up to, nearly, the Firs & C Brampton!

Planning was granted just before I moved about 25 years ago. It was lovely before looking over the fields towards the farm shop

PeteXXX

Planning was granted just before I moved about 25 years ago. It was lovely before looking over the fields towards the farm shop

I'll post a pic or two next time I'm passing.. 👍

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Low enough there are significant green spaces, houses aren't overlooking one another and detached houses aren't 75cm from their neighbors. There are even some shared cycle paths, which is encouraging.

Everyone has driveways for multiple cars, very little pavement parking and not even much in rhe way of kerbside parking going on. My particular bit is down a private lane that serves 5 house, so we don't see the hoi polloi.

PeteXXX

@Gunk @Drago

DSC_4989.JPG

Bottom of the hill by the Windhover.. (Boughton Coldstore on the left)

DSC_4990.JPG

Exiting the BVW onto what used to be the 'T' junction.

Apologies for hijacking the Parking thread but at least there's nowhere to park here!!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Taken off a local Facebook page, somewhere in Accrington yesterday. Total scumbag parking, knowing 'traffic wardens' rarely work on Sundays and if they do, they are very unlikely to patrol such as quiet cul-de-sacs. Yes, it's not on a main road, but imagine having this idiot for a neighbour eh!!:thumbsdown:

hc=PtAlNLtb9oIQ7kNvgGu5v-w&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom