A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
One just round the corner from me that I snapped on Saturday night.

FB_IMG_1720419930086.jpg

Mrs D put it on the local Felchberk page and it's generated a lot of upset. People aren't happy, particularly as just out of view (behind the car just visible by the passenger mirror) are three roadside parking bays, 2 of which were empty.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
One just round the corner from me that I snapped on Saturday night.

View attachment 736876

Mrs D put it on the local Felchberk page and it's generated a lot of upset. People aren't happy, particularly as just out of view (behind the car just visible by the passenger mirror) are three roadside parking bays, 2 of which were empty.

It is very neatly parked however, dead central, to cause maximum blockage ;), and, it was so thoughtful of the council to put that ramp in, so, he/she didn't have to scuff their tyres, bumping up the curb.

Windle

Über Member
It is very neatly parked however, dead central, to cause maximum blockage ;), and, it was so thoughtful of the council to put that ramp in, so, he/she didn't have to scuff their tyres, bumping up the curb.

I was just about to say the same thing about the 'ramp'. The trouble is there's a fair chance the fudge wit genuinely believed that's what it was there for, such are the depressing levels of stupidity of people these days.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I believe they know how to drive and are sufficiently intelligent to have earned the wherewithal to be driving an X5 (although they could be drug dealers or have inherited it) so they knew full well what they were doing and just didn't give a flying fornication about anyone else.

Had it not been daylight I'd have performed blunt force surgery on the mirrors, and be damned about the morality of such behaviour. They clearly don't give a sheet, so why should I?

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I know, I know. Was just venting. It's just sheet that they can behave with seeming impunity, yet if I so much as think a dodgy though the SAS would be doing an Embassy job on my living room window.

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know, I know. Was just venting. It's just sheet that they can behave with seeming impunity, yet if I so much as think a dodgy though the SAS would be doing an Embassy job on my living room window.
Surely the SAS have switched from Embassy to vapes by now. No glow as they inhale to reveal their location, you see.

Sorry, there's this car parked on the pavement by my office window and I think the fumes may be affecting me.

Even more so, as it's a first floor office. Blooming motorists will park anywhere these days.

DRM

Guru
Was back at Pinderfields Hospital last week, the selfish twonks that had parked their bloated C*ck Mobiles, just as in Drago's post, on the specially designed paths with excellent wheelchair access, till they arrived, will have returned to find a (bad) parking fine stuck on the windscreen, serves em right, imho, I pray it was expensive :wahhey:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

I hate the b@st@rds even more now, after reading that!!:ninja:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Mainly Mercs and Bimmers, a few Audis for those that haven't been quite as successful as their neighbours.

And then I turn up, buy the biggest house, and proceed to throughly lower the tone.

Thar Honda jazz you can see belongs to a young lad who has just passed his test. He's had new doors down one side after a scrape, and a new back end (the damage looks like he'd reversed into a pillar) but it's been rebuilt each time. Sadly it's now three distinctly different shades of light blue and despite being shiny and dent free again looks an awful mess.

Gunk

Guru
Baxter’s used to have the largest meat processing plant in Europe just over the road. I worked there as a dispatch clerk in the early 1980’s.

I notice there isn’t an Abattoir Road!

Top Bottom