A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I would be tempted to use a trolley just to make a special attempt to use that crossing.
Oops sorry !

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_5475~2.JPG

Morrisons this morning..

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I suspect there will be no enforcement here.
Is parking enforcement done by the police or the council there? If it's done by the council (as it is in most places now), they should send enforcement officers else they'll be accused of wasting money on pointless signs. If parking enforcement is still done by the police, the signs could be part of the council trying to undermine some "the signs aren't clear enough for us to enforce" BS excuse that the police are trotting out.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Is parking enforcement done by the police or the council there? If it's done by the council (as it is in most places now), they should send enforcement officers else they'll be accused of wasting money on pointless signs. If parking enforcement is still done by the police, the signs could be part of the council trying to undermine some "the signs aren't clear enough for us to enforce" BS excuse that the police are trotting out.

Neither seem to want to take responsibility. This was in the local rag last month and both said there was nothing either could do. It's madness.

1726505819177.png

Unless you have an adblocker I wouldn't bother with the link below, it is an awful site to navigate without one.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ngerous-pavement-parked-lorry-slammed-9499741

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Neither seem to want to take responsibility. This was in the local rag last month and both said there was nothing either could do. It's madness.

View attachment 745789

Unless you have an adblocker I wouldn't bother with the link below, it is an awful site to navigate without one.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...ngerous-pavement-parked-lorry-slammed-9499741

In those cases, report it to your local Traffic Commissioner. They are feared by HGV operators.

These are starting to appear in Leicester. Currently just around schools, but would be good to see them spread. Though mean nothing if there is no enforcement.

View attachment 745683
If those appeared here, no vehicles would negotiate 3 of the 4 parallel streets, where we live
The section we live on, is wider than further down, so there's almost 4 feet between most cars & the walls
(we're on a corner/junction of 2 lanes)

sheddy

Legendary Member
Trucks. I had a work colleague who took exception to a sand lorry regularly parking in his street so he modified the end of his walking stick with a dart tip to give some steel on rubber action.
Never happened again.

Top Bottom