205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting point about 'fair play', but to be honest, even before Steve's moped encounter I had lost most of my interest.

What, because it was becoming boring reading that he was making his daily targets every day, which is the object of the exercise?

I fail to see how anyone (supposedly interested in cycling) could not be interested in this herculean attempt at a staggeringly difficult challenge.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Maybe it was an ''albion my way'' declaration.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Odd that you seem so keen to keep commenting on something that clearly is of no interest to you.

Why not run along and find a thread that you are bothered about?
It seems to me Albion was expressing an opinion, it's not illegal is it?

Real shame, but I guess the likelihood of this happening at some stage was quite high, doing this level of milage in a country as busy as ours, perhaps he should have outriders on mopeds to protect him - world record distance set by a moped in 12 months anyone? Two records for the price of one!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
And both of you should still try to do these things :smile:
As for me, I'm trying to do at least 200 miles a week, if Steve can do it in a day I can try to do it in a week.

Yep, nothing has changed.
The way I see it is everyone is entitled to their opinion and you take what you want or feel from record attempts such as this.

Top Bottom