205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve Abraham
21 mins ·

Steve thanks everyone for their support so far. He was hit from behind by a suspected drunk moped rider and has a broken ankle. He has assessment appointments over the next few days. After these we shall be able to decide the best way forward with the One Year Time Trial. Expect to hear more from us by Friday.

Pain's slack.

Get well soon, Steve. At least that's the Paris leg of the journey completed ahead of schedule.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Pain's slack.

Get well soon, Steve. At least that's the Paris leg of the journey completed ahead of schedule.
Here, I got it for you.....

surplus_PEA_COAT_ANTHRACITE_1.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I've lost all enthusiasm for this record without Steve's involvement.
No disrespect to Kurt's efforts of course of which I hope he goes on to break the record, but I'm really not overly bothered.
Will check his progress now and again.

GO STEVE!!!

I agree, I think with Steve we can have a connection with him, he is riding in the same weather that we ride and for a lot of us he is riding on the same roads that we ride on, with Kurt you have neither of those.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Just reading that makes me feel this battle is far from over.
It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I have no doubts though that whatever is done will be the best thing for Steve, which is of course the most important thing. To quote Ian.

GO STEVE!!!

si_c

Guru
Hope Steve has a speedy and full recovery, his effort has been extraordinary thus far. Wish him the best for the future :bicycle:

DanZac

Whatever happens in the next few days / weeks Steve can rest happy that he has inspired a great many people, myself included, not only to get out there and ride but to look at his amazing achievements as a springboard for their own indervidual challenges.
It's also made a refreshing change in this day and age to see the kind words offered by Kurt. He appears to be a thoughtful and gentlemanly adversary.
I wish Steve every luck for a speedy recovery and await his next move with interest.

Top Bottom