205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Steve must be totally gutted.Thinking of you steve GWS.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
FFS! You can cater for almost anything, except other ignorant road users.:angry: :ninja::angry:

Hope he's able to return quickly and fully healed.

As for the f*c*i*g C*N* on the moped, they should be pilloried in the press/courts/stocks or banished from the kingdom.
At the very least.

I just put this up on the other thread.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Don't know what to say. He was doing so well and gets knocked into by a motorised moron.:cursing:

I'd like to hope this isn't the end of the challenge but can't see how he'll carry on with breaks bad enough to need pinning.

GWS Steve!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
So sad. Heal well.

Unbelievable. Next time, and it would not surprise me in the least if he has another crack, go to the Netherlands. I bet right now he is thinking if there is anyway he could carry on. Given he was not at fault the right thing to do would be to give him time to heal, stop the clock and restart it again when he is ready. I know this is likely to be disallowed but ffs all this effort for nothing just isn't fair. We looked forward to hosting him and riding lots more with him. Damn.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Drat and double drat !! :sad: I feel so sorry for him all the preparation he and others have put into this to be taken out by a moped:cursing: so ******* unfair. Well done to all and most of all Steve, you have shown that you had the right attitude to be able to complete this:bravo:, get well soon.

Top Bottom