205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MisterStan

Label Required
I think the plan is for him to ride to the East coast tomorrow. That's a massive ride!

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Was just having a look at his tracker and wondering if he was going to do the whole "to the east coast trip" !

Should be a cracking day for him tomorrow :bicycle: :wahhey: - for distance at any rate ... :unsure:

Strong head winds are a pain in the arse, strong side winds are out and out dangerous.

Let's hope he knows how to tack and attack!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A really long day yesterday for Steve. 214 miles into what must have been a headwind all day. He finished after midnight hence the small Sunday mileage.
Reading over at the other place, he only had 4 hours between arrival and departure for today's ride back to the East of England. He's already has 30 miles on the clock

upload_2015-3-29_9-31-40.png

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I peeked over at the other place and it looks like he had a very late arrival but did make it to Exeter against that head wind! And after a very short sleep he is off again to hopefully be blown back the other way!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So, if Steve does the monster ride to Lowestoft, won't he wake up tomorrow with nowhere east left to go and a headwind between him and home? I know it's not his style, but if there ever was a time for hitching a lift or catching a train upwind, it'll be tomorrow.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
So, if Steve does the monster ride to Lowestoft, won't he wake up tomorrow with nowhere east left to go and a headwind between him and home? I know it's not his style, but if there ever was a time for hitching a lift or catching a train upwind, it'll be tomorrow.
That's what I was thinking, tomorrows forecast is for more of the same, two out of three days into 30mph head winds would be horrendous. Plus as @BSRU says his tracker hasn't moved from Wellington, hopefully it's a glitch and not an issue.

Top Bottom