205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Go Steve!
That's what I was thinking, tomorrows forecast is for more of the same, two out of three days into 30mph head winds would be horrendous. Plus as @BSRU says his tracker hasn't moved from Wellington, hopefully it's a glitch and not an issue.
If Steve's in Wellingtons it must be wet, of he needs to reboot a piece of his kit.
On yacf, he was described as still moving into the early hours...slowly but surely heading toward Exeter...a 215 mile day, into the wind, with a lot of climbs. This morning, he's rolling...monstrous stamina and discipline.
Again, from 't'other place' there's mention of Kurt's mega day...possibly having seen Steve's totals. Will there be the 'perfect' day this year I wonder...the equivalent of a 147 in snooker, or a nine-dart 501...480 miles in 24 hours?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
The weather is nasty down here, wind and rain!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Apparently there's been an "incident" Steve and bike are fine but he's currently having a sleep at a crew members house.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I prefer at least knowing he's ok, the silence and non moving tracker was worrying me.

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
Just in from Facebook
I am extremely sad to announce that at approx 8.10am this morning Steve was ridden into by a moped not paying attention to what they were doing. Steve tried to carry but stopped in Wellington. He has then been collected by one of the team and taken to hospital. He has incurred 2 broken bones in his ankle and is currently in plaster. It is looking highly likely that he will require an operation to add a plate and screws.
That is all the information available at the moment.

Top Bottom