205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I saw the stats and one word escaped my lips... WOW!!

upload_2015-3-27_21-33-24.png

upload_2015-3-27_21-34-3.png

GO STEVE!!!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
That's the daily average mileage required by Steve's schedules in each of May, June, July, August and September. 153 days on the trot of that sort of mileage.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Just been looking at the rain for today, and it looks like there is a band of rain about 2 hours in duration crossing the country. Does he have updates during the day that he could plan to grab lunch for part of it or does he just ride and stop for lunch etc as he feels like it?

I've recently retuned home after a long winter holiday and have become fascinated with Steve's (and Kurt's) record attempt, unaware of its existence until last week.

One thing has occurred to me: are the British general public, via the media, aware of the immensity of this? And if so, is there an increasing buzz of interest, with more and more people checking Steve's (and Kurt's) progress each day, or don't they, or the media, give a toss?

I'm amazed that anyone can, and has to, turn out such huge distances, every day for an entire year, come rain or shine or whatever.

Come on, both of them, but Steve a bit more!
SoccerEnglandFlagSmiley.gif

:okay:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'd say the public aren't aware generally. Anyone I've mentioned it to hasn't heard of it, however as the year progresses I think there would be more media attention at the end of the year.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Steve is out. Bit later than yesterday but not surprised with the huge miles he put in.
It was very misty here, 15 miles south of MK, when I woke up at about the same time as you were posting this.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It was very misty here, 15 miles south of MK, when I woke up at about the same time as you were posting this.
Hopefully what we've got/had doesn't head across country, 30+ mph SW winds and belting down, wasn't an overly pleasant 30 miles this morning, I wouldn't have wanted to do another 170 miles thank you very much.

re publicity. Steve's done quite a few interviews since 1st January (upwards of 3/week in January alone) with most of those still in the pipeline for publication. There's a whole sub-forum over on "the other place" dedicated to everything OYTT related including separate threads on publicity -- past, future and potential -- as well as specific "PR" initiatives. If you haven't heard of Marsh Gibbon yet, then prepare for your world to shift on its axis. :okay:

Top Bottom