205 miles in a day (Tommy Godwin Challenge) - the Progress thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Apart from the boredom and the difficulty in getting 365 days access, could you attempt this in a velodrome?
...more or less what Kurt is doing, isn't it...without the slopey bit? ^_^

160+ for Steve...at Cottenham - weather forecast sunny, 11C...dry. 250 today? Go Steve.

Last edited:

Wobbly John

Veteran
Managed to spot Steve in the Ely area today - looking good for someone who had already cycled 140 miles today, with 16,500 under his belt so far this year!

Steve%2027-3_zpskfxwfm6j.jpg

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I wonder whether doubling back, as per @User9609 's post above, has scrambled the GPS device. He's already had this issue and it took a while for it to get decoded and passed.
That would be odd. I've doubled back using my garmins many times with no problems. But then again Kurt does seem to be very accident prone.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hopefully, he's been getting some westing under his belt, so he can take his feet off the pedals and go "WHEEEEE !" downwind all day tomorrow !

... but I doubt it. :sad:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That would be odd. I've doubled back using my garmins many times with no problems. But then again Kurt does seem to be very accident prone.
I don't use the things but wasn't there a problem before - maybe when he first got back to Little Rock - and he did lots of back-and-forthery that made Garmin give up? My memory, though, is probably more scrambled than Kurt's Garmin.

EDIT: He posted this about his lost miles for 13 March the following day:
Sorry not to share yesterdays rides - You can tell I did 3 seperated sessions yesterday - The first 2 sessions were in the rain and came to around 43.5 miles. The last session was after it stopped raining and was 57.8 miles - I did at least ride 100 - hope to do better today - the garmin file for 43.5 miles that will not load has been sent to UMCA to see if they can find the problem or use spot to get the miles. Spot might not give me as many miles since the first ride had an out and back component as did the 2nd. Would have rode much more in the evening but the light setup we were trying had problem. - Oh well back on the road today.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
According to his Facebook Kurt had no internet last night and it's still sketchy now, hence the uploading issues.

Top Bottom